1 Reply Latest reply on Aug 22, 2011 2:10 AM by Flying_Kiwi

DH67BLB3 with Windows 7 not bootable CDBOOT: Couldn't find BOOTMGR

Talan15

Unfortunately it is not possible to boot from an original Windows 7 DVD 64Bit when trying to install a 2,5 TB WD Caviar Green. The UEFI option is enabled and I'm not able to boot from DVD. As soon as I switch the UEFI option to disabled I'm able to boot from DVD and install Windows 7 BUT I'm not able to use the full capacity of the disk! That's not the way it should work! HDD/DVD etc is all uptodate as is the mainboard. There're no mechanical or connectivity problems. Solution?

• 1. Re: DH67BLB3 with Windows 7 not bootable CDBOOT: Couldn't find BOOTMGR
          Flying_Kiwi

I'm not certain about this but just as my DG45ID doesn't allow booting from over 2 TB RAID Volumes (even with UEFI enabled in the BIOS), I suspect this is down to Intel not really offering TRUE UEFI support (with everything associated such as very large volume support). Maybe someone at Intel can confirm this but I suspect you're going to be stuck with having to turn off UEFI. You should try updating the boards BIOS to the latest revision to see if that makes a difference (it didn't with my DG45ID because that's *apparently* a hardware limitation).

Edit: Just saw you mentioned the board is already up to date (so I assume that means the latest BIOS). I guess your only option now would be to contact Intel tech support and see what they have to say about it. Keep us informed!