2 Replies Latest reply on Aug 22, 2011 8:21 AM by simard87

intel core i7

simard87

i just saw on tv the 2nd generation of core i7 and im really upset because i bought my desktop 3 months ago and i would like to know is there is an upgrade or somthing like this

• 1. Re: intel core i7
          slewis01

I'm sorry to read that you didn't hear about the 2nd generation processors until after you made your purchase.  The first generation is still a great value and is still on Intel's processor price list.

Unfortunately, the first generation processors have a different chipset than the 2nd generation so you can't upgrade.

Examples:

• Intel® Core™ i7-2600S Processor uses the Intel Series 6 Express chipset
          • Intel® Core™ i7-980 Processor uses the Intel Series 5 Express chipset

For the latest specifications, please see: http://ark.intel.com 

• 2. Re: intel core i7
            simard87

ok thank you for your awnser but this is the last time ever i buy an intel product....this is ridiculus

• 3. Re: intel core i7
              Your reply was rejected by a moderator. Please edit your reply and resubmit it for approval.

I HAVE MAKE A  NEW DESINE OF Processor IN THIS  Processor I HAVE BUY NOW A INTEL OR I HAVE NOT GOOD AGE PERSON I AM ONLY 18 YEARS OLD AND THIS Processor NAME IS DRUM 14  Processor IT SHAP IS DRUM TYPE