Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20629 Discussions

HD 3000 + AMD 6870 Trying to run 3 monitors.

idata
Employee

Hi, just picked up a i7 2600K and a Gigabyte Z-68 (XP-UD3-iSSD) and an Asus 6870 video card, I am trying to run 3 monitors, I have one hooked to the intel HDMI output (monitor 1) and monitors 2 & 3 are on the DVI slots on the 6870, windows boots and runs fine, I get an error of "not able to identify video card" I can't run any hardware accelerated programs, even VLC I need to change the output, no DirectX/DirectDraw or even default settings will work. Lucid Virtu still picked up the 6870, but my Catalyst Control Center is dissabled when I loaded my intel drivers and hooked the HDMI monitor up. I'm wondering if this setup is even do-able without needing the expensive display port monitors. This system is not really for gaming as much as photo/video work, so I don't need 3D running on 3 screens for games or anything. Any idea's of where to start would be appreciated!

0 Kudos
1 Reply
idata
Employee

Well I've solved the error message (Asus smart doctor program), but not the problem with not being able to run D3D/DX accelerated programs or video outputs.

0 Kudos