cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Intel 510 250 and 2011 Macbook Pro 17 inch

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

I recently purchased an Intel 510 250 for my 2011 17inch Macbook Pro and it hasn't been a pleasant experience. I've been plagued with numerous delays ranging for 30 seconds to a couple of minutes which has already been well documented by other users. I've read almost every forum topic about this issue and tried all of the recommended solutions except for the LPM hack from the Crucial forums which I'm a little hesitant to use.

Is this an actual Intel issue that there planning to fix or is this an Apple issue? I see that the Crucial had a firmware update that appears to resolved the issue for many users can we expect something similar from Intel?

Should I try and return my 510 for a refund and then get a 320 or Crucial M4?

I don't mind waiting for a fix if one is coming, but I don't want to end up being stuck with a drive I can't use.

2 REPLIES 2

MBall5
Contributor

Please note that Mac is selling Apple bundle ssd's with their Mac's systems, I suggest you to contact Mac and make sure that the ssd, that you have complies with your system and that it will work properly, if not you might need to replace your current drive with the recommended model from Mac.

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

There seem to be issues with SATA 3 drives and the Macbook Pro 2011 series. It also doesn't seem to be related to any particular vendor Please see here: /thread/20352?tstart=30 http://communities.intel.com/thread/20352?tstart=30