2 Replies Latest reply on Aug 1, 2011 8:49 AM by Mike-sensei

Intel Server Board s3000AH like a desktop board.

Mike-sensei

Hi, I have a Intel Server Board S3000AH, but i Don´t work like server admin, I have web Master, and VideoGames Developer and i don´t have the recourses for buy me another PC, so, my question is, if I buy a video and audio PCI card but this card don´t match with the pci port of this motherboard and I don´t have the chance to buy another card or a desktop motherborad, me I conect this cards in the motherboard intel server s3000Ah  in inverse form?

• 1. Re: Intel Server Board s3000AH like a desktop board.
          Doc_SilverCreek

I do not understand your Posting.

You can use video cards and audio cards. ( i prefer the USB audio as it takes less effort)

The THOL (Tested Hardware and OS list) http://www.intel.com/support/motherboards/server/s3000ah/sb/CS-023167.htm show video card that hhave been test to be compatable with the mother board.

I do not understand your "inverse form"

If you have a old 5v PCI card it is keyed to not fit and will not work in the board.

If you plug in in backwards in the mother board so that the video connector is on the inside of the chassis, you will destroy the card and likley the mother board also.

• 2. Re: Intel Server Board s3000AH like a desktop board.
            Mike-sensei

you say::

"

If you have a old 5v PCI card it is keyed to not fit and will not  work in the board.

If you plug in in backwards in the mother board  so that the video connector is on the inside of the chassis, you will  destroy the card and likley the mother board also.

"

thanks you, is all I need to know, with this I sure I don´t going to destroy mi board.

"

You can use video cards and audio cards. ( i prefer the USB audio as  it takes less effort)

The THOL (Tested Hardware and OS list) http://www.intel.com/support/motherboards/server/s3000ah/sb/CS-023167.htm show video card that hhave been test to be compatable with the mother  board.

"

I read the manual, there is  some compatible video card that can use, thanks. For the audio card, I have now one compatible with the mother board PCI-32/33.

sorry if you don´t understand me very well, english  is not mi natal language.