3 Replies Latest reply on Jul 27, 2011 7:42 AM by galbicka

Windows 7 issue with DX58SO

bhupinder08

Hi,

I am running home build PC with below mentioned configuration -

CPU - Intel i7 920
      RAM - 3 GB
      MB - Intel DX58SO

Earlier I was running Windows XP on the same box and it was running perfectly without any issues. Now after upgrading the box to Windows 7 Home Premium, I am facing lot of hang issues. My PC would stop responding and hang completely after running for 30 - 40Mins. The problem is very frequent and the only resolution is a hard boot.
      I tried downloading the latest drivers and even updated the BIOS software, but still the problem persist. I checked the event log and there is no error reported under "Windiws Log -> System".

Please share your inputs to help me fixing the issue.

Thanks for your time.

• 1. Re: Windows 7 issue with DX58SO
          Shirke

I suggest you completely format the hard drive and reinstall the windows 7.

• 2. Re: Windows 7 issue with DX58SO
            bhupinder08

I tried that option, but still facing the same issue. Do you suspect that it could be a hardware comptibility issue, as my XP was working perfectly.

Thanks a lot for your time.

• 3. Re: Windows 7 issue with DX58SO
              galbicka

This sounds more like a failing hardware issue (overheating perhaps) to me from your description. Compatibility issues usually (not always) will give some indication in the event logs or BSOD or crash dump files.I have the same set up you mention

CPU - Intel i7 920
              RAM - 3 GB
              MB - Intel DX58SO

and it came built with Windows Vista Home Preminum x64. I did an upgrade to Windows 7 Ultimate x64 with no problems. I have never experienced your issue. There have been reports of problems with some BIOS updates but not sure if they cause your problem exactly. I think I stayed on 5200 because of complaints with later versions. You might want to search this board to see what version is considered the most stable just to rule that out. Are you using SSD or Sata drives?