2 Replies Latest reply on Jul 25, 2011 9:23 AM by tedk

How to point all cores to a single MC (private memory)

sfin

Hi,

i wanted to ask if there is a way using sccMerge to point all cores private memory to a single Memory Controller and how could be done.

I have read the previous discussions and my question is if this could be done during the boot time of linux image on the cores.

Thanks

Panayiotis

• 1. Re: How to point all cores to a single MC (private memory)
          tedk

Yes, there is a way, but it's not going to work. Each MC controls 1/4 of the total memory. There won't be enough memory for all cores. Pre-1.4.1 SCC Linux takes up 320 MB for each core. Starting with 1.4.1 SCC Linux needs 640 MB. By default, each MC gets 12 cores.

You are on the right track with sccMerger and the *.mt file. You can direct more than 12 cores to one memory controller. I don't know exactly where you will max out but you won't be able to direct all cores to one MC .., unless you're running your own OS that takes up less memory.

• 2. Re: How to point all cores to a single MC (private memory)
            sfin

Hi

yes i agree with you that the available memory size it will be then limited and i want to explore some issues ... But my thought is a little bit complex and i am trying t to figure out and put it on some correct track....

Thanks for your response and i will try to experiment with the .mt file