cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BIOS cannot find two X25-M80 in RAID 0

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

Hi folks,

Since a few days I am in despair because I can't get my two Intel X25-M 80GB drives working again. I used them for more than a year in RAID0 without any problem and with great performance. Suddenly, the system does not boot again. After trying many BIOS settings (AHCI, legacy, resetting the BIOS, reflashing), both drives cannot be found. The AMD RAID search takes a long time when one or both of the drives are attached (it shows many dots during waiting.................). Prior to this problem sometimes the drives where not found but after a hardware reset of the motherboard the system booted up without problems.

I use a Gigabyte GA-MA785GMT-UD2H motherboard with onboard RAID. Even if I connect the drives to other ports (e.g. the port which the CD-rom is connected to which still works), the BIOS cannot find the SSD drives. Even in a second PC, the drives are not detected.

Does anyone have a suggestion how to fix this? It is strange that both drives stopped working at the same moment. I hope I can still retrieve their data (yes I made backups too long ago...seven months of mail lost...).

Fedde

4 REPLIES 4

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

ps. The drives have the following type: SSDSA2M080G2GC 2,5". The firmware is 02HA. I tried to upgrade the firmware (after the issue occured) but the tool could also not find the discs.

Thanks in advance for any assistence!

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

ps2. My issue seems similar to:

http://communities.intel.com/message/133122# 133122 http://communities.intel.com/message/133122# 133122

BTW: that thread didn't give me too much hope... ;-(

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

Individually, does the BIOS detect each drive?

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

No, even individually the BIOS cannot find the drives (neither in AHCI, native and RAID mode). I was just about thinking the drives are totally dead, but I saw a small sign of live yesterday. When I start the firmware update tool from intel, normally it cannot find the drives. But when I remove the power and put it back with a running computer, the tool can detect one of the two drives. Still, the firmware upgrade is not succesful because very quickly the internal SW of the drive crashes... 😞