1 Reply Latest reply on Jun 26, 2009 10:52 AM by dbrunton

DoDetectAMTVersion failed

I am working with VPRO and SCCM.  I have the data in the BIOS and the CERT has done.  When I attempt to

Discover Management Controller I see this error

CAMTDiscoveryWSMan::DoDetectAMTVersion: recv failed: 10054

AMT Discovery Worker: Wakes up to process instruction files 

AMT Discovery Worker: Wait 20 seconds... 

AMT Discovery Worker: Wakes up to process instruction files

HTTP digest authentication failed with status = 401

HTTP digest authentication failed with status = 401

• 1. LxHJyaPzZm
          Your reply was rejected by a moderator. Please edit your reply and resubmit it for approval.
          • 2. qztOpyraEQZC
            Your reply was rejected by a moderator. Please edit your reply and resubmit it for approval.
            • 3. Re: DoDetectAMTVersion failed
              dbrunton

What kind of systems are you working with?  What version of AMT firmware are they running?

It sounds like you have an issue with your Out of Band Management configuration.  Open up Site Management -> your site -> Site Settings -> Component Configuration, then, right-click on "Out of Band Management" and select "Properties" from the menu.  Go to the Provisioning Settings tab and make sure you have entries for any accounts that may have used to provision the system prior to your latest attempt.  For instance, if you provisioned the box by hand with a different password than the default one, you will need to create a new entry here with a user name of admin and the password you used.

If you have not provisioned the system prior to using it with SCCM you can put it back to a factory state by removing all power and popping the CMOS battery out.  Wait a few minutes, put the battery back in and boot the system.  You will need to reconfigure your BIOS, but, at the point, AMT will be in a default state that should allow you to provision your system.