7 Replies Latest reply on Jul 28, 2011 5:11 PM by nfamous209

DX580G having issues recognizing memory

nfamous209

I have 2 identical builds, with identical issues. i'm using intel DX580G mb w/ i7-960 cpu.  I can boot with 1 stick of my ram installed, but second i add another it doesnt boot.  the ram i'm using is Corsair Vengence 24gb DD3. model CMZ24GX3M6A1600C9. ive set the bios to xmp both 1300 and 1600 and still same issue.  n e input will help.  thanks.

• 1. Re: DX580G having issues recognizing memory
          nfamous209

no help?  would like to get this thing running atleast at 1333 with all 24gb ram.  i've set xmp profile 1 at 1600 and it wll read 1 stick at the 1600. but when i add another stick i get memory error.  and memory is all good.

• 2. Re: DX580G having issues recognizing memory

the Intel i7-9xx  CPUs require 1066 memory I believe

To use the 1333 memory you will require Xeon processors.

That is my understanding after reading through convoluted web pages

from Intel in narrowing down the same problem I have..

I`ve not tested my analysis as yet since I dont have 1066 memory at hand.

• 3. Re: DX580G having issues recognizing memory

There is a mismatch between your ram and the cpu. The ram should be 1066 only as pointed out by Anon. See If you can manually set the bios to 1066.  If not you may have to change all your ram to the 1066 specs or change the cpu.

• 4. Re: DX580G having issues recognizing memory

My problem is that I cannot get any BIOS prompts up as the video card does not turn on. Cannot get into

BIOS to configure anythiing...

My Mobo stops in POST at "A9" which is a reserved stop code for future use and hence undefined.

So I am not really sure I have a memory problem...

At the Intel site. the mobo states memory specs at DDR3 2000+, The processors specs memory

800/1066 DDR3, The chip states speeds of 800/1066/1333/2000/2136/???? but the memory controller

is on-die in the CPU brick so what is stated on the specs for the CPU is what I`ve based my statement

above upon....

• 5. Re: DX580G having issues recognizing memory

Guest wrote:

My problem is that I cannot get any BIOS prompts up as the video card does not turn on. Cannot get into

BIOS to configure anythiing...

My Mobo stops in POST at "A9" which is a reserved stop code for future use and hence undefined.

So I am not really sure I have a memory problem...

At the Intel site. the mobo states memory specs at DDR3 2000+, The processors specs memory

800/1066 DDR3, The chip states speeds of 800/1066/1333/2000/2136/???? but the memory controller

is on-die in the CPU brick so what is stated on the specs for the CPU is what I`ve based my statement

above upon....

Can you not follow what nfamous209 has done? That is use 1 stick of ram only so that you can go to bios or check if the video card really will not turn on.

• 6. Re: DX580G having issues recognizing memory
                    Stubi

First make sure that you put the memory in the correct slots. I would check them stick by stick first if they pass the memtest. In the BIOS make sure that the correct voltage is set for the memory. Perhaps the XMP settings don't fit for your board. I would contact the Corsair support forum for more help.

Of course the memory slots of the board could have a problem. This is not so good then because a discussion who is responsible for the damage could arise. But check first every stick and the correct settings in the BIOS (with the help of Corsair).

• 7. Re: DX580G having issues recognizing memory
                      nfamous209

k, i exchanged the corsair vengance 24gb ram for the 24gb dominator which is capable of 1066 and 1333, i can get 4 sticks 16gb at both 1066 and 1333 but when i try for the rest it wont post.