1 Reply Latest reply on Aug 8, 2011 9:19 AM by Adolfo_Intel

Low Processor Speed?

caepio

Hello all -

I have a Dell Inspiron E1705 laptop that is running Windows 7 Home Premium, 32-bit. Its 2 processors are rated at 1.27 GHz.

The computer has been performing very badly, despite all my anti-virus and malware sweeps, disk cleanups, and defrags. I just downloaded and ran the Intel Processor ID utility, and saw that the processors were actualy running at 0.55 GHz, not the rated 1.27 GHz.

Can anyone explain this to me - what could be causing the processors to be running so slowly? Also, if you know, please tell me what I need to do to increase the processor speed.

Thanks in advance.

• 1. Re: Low Processor Speed?
          Adolfo_Intel

Make sure that the Enhance Intel SpeedStep® Technology is disabled in the BIOS of your system, since this feature will force the processor to run slower in order to save power consumption.

Also install the latest BIOS version for your laptop system if you have not do ne that yet.

Finally run the Intel® Processor Identification Utility to determine if the processor is being properly recognized by the system.

You can download the Intel® Processor Identification Utility at:

http://www.intel.com/support/processors/tools/piu/