5 Replies Latest reply on Mar 25, 2014 12:59 AM by jainrm

Freezing at Intel Splash Screen with "EB" code

Bootstrap

Hi friends,

I bought this week the motherboard Intel DH67BL and the processor Intel Core i5-2500.
      As  I never had an Intel motherboard before I need ask:  is normal to show  the code "EB" on the right corner for a few seconds during boot?

I'm having some problems to boot with external DVD drive plugged into the USB. The screen just hangs on Intel's initial screen with the code "EB" in the right corner and stays there and the computer does not POST.

If I remove the DVD drive the motherboard  POST perfectly , but still for 2 or 3 seconds with thr "EB" on the right corner of the screen.

Is this normal? How to solve this?

ps: already updated the BIOS to the latest version.

Thank you!

• 1. Re: Freezing at Intel Splash Screen with "EB" code

Same here. With 2 x 4GB CMV4GX3M1A1333C9 memory (as single or double channel), freezes at boot/post. With only one of these, works ok. I have managed to stick with one that works OK and currently trying to get a RMA for the other memory module. I am not certain if this is a motherboard bug or memory compatibility/issue, though.

• 2. Re: Freezing at Intel Splash Screen with "EB" code

When your PC boot correctly it shows the 'EB' code (or any other) during the splash screen?I wonder if appears this code durring the Splash Screen is normal even when the boot runs OK.

• 3. Re: Freezing at Intel Splash Screen with "EB" code
              CarWiz

Yes, the EB Code on the Intel splash display is normal. Under it will be the F-keys selected for display (if you've chosen to display any). As far as reading a CD from the USB port, I think you may have to change the BIOS settings to Enable "Boot USB Devices First". You may have to change some of the other parameters also--such as; Boot to Optical Devices, Boot to Removable Devices, Boot Drive Order, Boot Device Priority and Boot Menu Type. There's another called USB Boot but I think that's for thumb drives. I've never tried to boot from a USB connected CD drive so you'll have to "tinker" with the combinations.

1 of 1 people found this helpful
              • 4. Re: Freezing at Intel Splash Screen with "EB" code
                Bootstrap

CarWiz, Thank you for your help. I'm calmer now knowing what is normal code EB appear even when the boot goes smoothly

• 5. Re: Freezing at Intel Splash Screen with "EB" code
                  jainrm

Hello,

I have  motherboard Intel DH61HO and the processor Intel Core i3-IIIrd Gen.

I'm having some problems to attach Transcend USB 3.0 PCIE Card in PCIe Slot. The screen just hangs on Intel's initial screen with the code "EB" in the right corner and stays there and the computer hang.

Kindly suggest what should I do