Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20492 Discussions

Intel HD Graphics New Driver Issue

idata
Employee

Hello

I noticed that my current Intel HD Graphics driver 8.15.10.2226 was out of date so I downloaded the latest driver 8.15.10.2361 (13 April 2011) and I extracted the folder and ran the Setup.exe. I get an error in the installation "The setup programme failed to install one or more device drivers. Setup will now exit". So I tried the other method...

..I went into device manager

-display adapters

-Intel HD Graphics

-properties

-driver-update driver

-browse my computer for drivers

-Let me pick from a list of drivers..

-Have Disk

-I selected the igdlh.ini file from the "Graphics" folder in my extracted file

I get an error saying "The folder you specified doesn't contain a compatible software driver for your device. If the folder contains a driver, make sure it is designed to work with Windows for x64-based systems"

Now I don't understand why it says that it is incompatible since it is from the Intel Download Centre and my graphics card is definitely an Intel HD graphics card. Is there any solution to installing this or is Intel posting drivers that are incompatible for their own cards?

Regards

0 Kudos
9 Replies
idata
Employee

Hi,

Did you checked which OS you have on your computer? Is that 32 bit OS or 64 bit Os? and which version of windows?

for X64 bit OS 15.22.1.64.2361 this ver is compatible and befoer installing remove previos ver of driver complitely.

try this out.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

I have Windows 7 Home Premium, 64 bit.

I will try removing the drivers and installing the new ones and I will let you know if it works.

Thanks

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hi

I deleted the old driver and installed the new one and it showed me the exact same message as before. Has anyone who has also had this issue got it sorted out because I really want to increase the performace.

Regards

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hi,

As per above mentioned by erroe your OS is X64 bit, so i guess you got the right driver for X64 bit ver OS.

You should try one new thing,

Restrat your computer and press F8 key continusely after display comes.

on screen you will get list of some instuctions,

in those select last known good configuration(advanced), after your OS will come on previos mode then try the same steps which has been mentioned above msg.

0 Kudos
ROBERT_U_Intel
Employee

Could you provide some details of your system ?

0 Kudos
ROBERT_U_Intel
Employee

What is the full model number of your laptop? (i.e. HP G62-xxx)

Does yours have switchable graphics? (AMD+Intel)

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello and thank you for your response.

The full model description is HP G62 - A30SI

The only graphics card in the laptop is the Intel HD Graphics one.

0 Kudos
ROBERT_U_Intel
Employee

Could you please try to install the latest available driver found on the HP support site for your system? I would recommend uninstalling any graphics drivers currently installed and then installing the HP driver.

Driver is here: http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/softwareDownloadIndex?softwareitem=ob-91877-1&lc=en&dlc=en&cc=us&os=4063&product=4217355&sw_lang= http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/softwareDownloadIndex?softwareitem=ob-91877-1&lc=en&dlc=en&cc=us&os=4063&product=4217355&sw_lang=

0 Kudos