Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20602 Discussions

intel 965 mobile graphic card driver has problem with dual monitor? no solutions?

idata
Employee

Hello everyone,

I am using a notebook with mobile intel 965 express chipset family.

I have no problem with notebook monitor, but I have a big problem when i connect to external monitor.

I have updated my display driver to latest version from intel website. (26/2/2009 7.15.10.1666)<-the latest one is two year ago.

I did memory test on my ram and there is no problem.

When i connect to dual monitor and play video, after while, I get blue screen. It shows 0x000000C2, which refer to driver problem.

when i connect to external monitor and do not use notebook monitor, again, i play video, i still get blue screen, and it shows igdkmd32.sys, which is related to Intel Graphics Accelerator Drivers for Windows.

I have no idea on solving the problem. I want to watch video with my notebook. Please kindly advise me how can i solve the problem, thanks in advance.

0 Kudos
3 Replies
DArce
Valued Contributor III

Hi,

The issue you are experiencing seems to be related to either the video interface you are using or a software corruption on your computer.

From our side we can confirm that this driver has been working with no similar issues since its release, back in 2009.

In this particular case I suggest you to test using the driver that has been provided by your computer manufacturer, instead of our generic driver. if the issue persists, test with any other video interface if available, or try formatting your computer and try a fresh installation of the operating system and drivers.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hi, Deigo, Thanks for your reply.

I only have a VGA port, so I cant test with another video interface.

I use media player classic, and real player, both are latest release. and both have the same blue screen problem. So, I dont think it is a software problem.

I worry that intel have not fully tested the driver with dual monitor setting. The manufacturer driver is very old one, 2008 version. So, I dont think i should roll back.

http://www.pc-ap.fujitsu.com/support/drv_lb_vista_a6030.html http://www.pc-ap.fujitsu.com/support/drv_lb_vista_a6030.html

Production Version Release

Microsoft Windows Vista*

Driver Revision: 15.8.2.1461

April 1, 2008

Somehow, I would like to know if I am the only guy who have such problem, before I format my notebook, but it is very troblesome to do so. And i think we should not use this uncertainty method to solve a problem!

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

I googled it, and i found so many people mentioned that the problem is related to intel, anyone who is interested can search the keyword "igdkmd32", however, none of the websites showed me a "solved" solution, i am really SAD about this...

0 Kudos