Processors
Intel® Processors, Tools, and Utilities
14531 Discussions

Problems with i5-2500k maybe??

idata
Employee

i bought this intel i5-2500k processer 2 weeks ago, did a new build. with the following

motherboard-- MSI, P67A-C43 S1155

processor-- Intel i5 2500K S1155 3.30 unloked

Antec Kuhler H20 Liq

memory-- DRR3 8GB 1333MHz Patriot

graphics-- Asus GTX550 Ti OC 1GB

hard drive--Seagate Barracuda 500GB Serial ATA/6GB

power supply-- Raidmax 630w PSU

OS-- Win7 SPI Home 64bit

right after installing win7 started crashing getting blue screen, in hoping that crashing would stop did all updates from Microsoft

i did updates from MSI updates for BIOS, chipset, drivers

did update from Nvidia for graphics card

i also have done testing on memory using Mem86, passed both short and extended tests

also did tests on hard drive using SeaTools passing all tests too

then started crashing getting blue screen and now after 2 days of not using it planned on starting it up doing a battery of test.

went plugged it in, click start buttom, computer started but shut down and restarted and shut down

computer didnt even make it to the 1st beep

SO MAIN QUESTION IS IT THE PROCESSOR, MOTHERBOARD, MEMORY DONT THINK ITS POWER SUPPLY BOX

if u need the help of blue screen log let Me know will at to it with no problem

thank you

MasterTom

mailto:twistertom@msn.com twistertom@msn.com

0 Kudos
2 Replies
idata
Employee

A good starting point in troubleshooting your problem is to follow the procedure given by the manufacturer of your board.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

"went plugged it in, click start buttom, computer started but shut down and restarted and shut down computer didnt even make it to the 1st beep"

This usually indicates a problem with the power supply. Make sure the connectors are seated and locked. Next, try a different PS. (A better one) Power is most critical of any PC--Don't skimp.

0 Kudos