1 Reply Latest reply on Aug 25, 2011 4:46 PM by Mauriceb@Intel

'Check SMART Attributes' is grayed out.

ITPython

I have an Intel 320 120GB, it has two partitions.  I also have my old Western Digital HDD as backup storage (also partitioned in two).  And for whatever reason I cannot check the SMART attributes for my Intel SSD, but weirdly enough I can check the SMART attributes for my Western Digital partitions using the SSD toolbox.

I have tried completely uninstalling and reinstalling the program but every time I click on one of my my SSD partitions in the SSD toolbox, the 'Check SMART Attributes' is grayed out and I cannot access it. I can access everything else, just can't click on that one feature.

What gives?  I wanted to check my SSD's media wear-out but cannot do that because I cannot check the SMART attributes.

• 1. Re: 'Check SMART Attributes' is grayed out.

Please note that the problem seems to be the SATA controller that is not able to properly recognize the Solid State Drive, for this issue I suggest you the following recommendations:

-          Try to update the BIOS of your motherboard

-          Use the latest SATA drivers

-          Make sure that you select the AHCI option in the BIOS under SATA / drive configuration

-          Change the port (use port 0 or 1)

-