2 Replies Latest reply on Jul 2, 2011 2:47 PM by mosga

MY EXTERNAL HARD DISK IS NOT DETCTING IN INTEL D101GGC.IT DETECTS OTHER LAPTOPS.MY USB PORT IS DETECT &WORKING IF OTHER DEVICE CONNECT.WHAT IS A  SOLUTION ?

ajaykomban

PLEASE GIVE A SOLUTION ?

• 1. Re: MY EXTERNAL HARD DISK IS NOT DETCTING IN INTEL D101GGC.IT DETECTS OTHER LAPTOPS.MY USB PORT IS DETECT &WORKING IF OTHER DEVICE CONNECT.WHAT IS A  SOLUTION ?

First of all check the website of the brand of your external hard drive to see if there is additional software, software updates or the most important FIRMWARE update for your external drive, in most of the cases that solves the recon problems.

I ve seen so many cases where the devices are not been recognized if attached to FRONTAL PORTS, then try the ones a athe back .

USB 2.0 ports are backward compatible with USB 1.1 devices.

USB 1.1 devices will function normally at USB 1.1 speeds.

USB 2.0 support requires both an operating system and drivers that fully support USB 2.0 transfer

rates. Disabling Hi-Speed USB in the BIOS reverts all USB 2.0 ports to USB 1.1 operation. This

may be required to accommodate operating systems that do not support USB 2.0.

Finally, depending of the operating system you are using, the hard drive model you have may not be compatible, just check out all the other options I gave you.

cheers

Mos

• 2. Re: MY EXTERNAL HARD DISK IS NOT DETCTING IN INTEL D101GGC.IT DETECTS OTHER LAPTOPS.MY USB PORT IS DETECT &WORKING IF OTHER DEVICE CONNECT.WHAT IS A  SOLUTION ?
            mosga

First of all check the website of the brand of your external hard drive to see if there is additional software, software updates or the most important FIRMWARE update for your external drive, in most of the cases that solves the recon problems.

I ve seen so many cases where the devices are not been recognized if attached to FRONTAL PORTS, then try the ones a athe back .

USB 2.0 ports are backward compatible with USB 1.1 devices.

USB 1.1 devices will function normally at USB 1.1 speeds.

USB 2.0 support requires both an operating system and drivers that fully support USB 2.0 transfer

rates. Disabling Hi-Speed USB in the BIOS reverts all USB 2.0 ports to USB 1.1 operation. This

may be required to accommodate operating systems that do not support USB 2.0.

Finally, depending of the operating system you are using, the hard drive model you have may not be compatible, just check out all the other options I gave you.

cheers

Mos