2 Replies Latest reply on Jul 14, 2011 10:15 AM by

Is Intel Graphics Driver preventing Win 7 SP1 from being offered via Win Upd?

Monday27

According to the MS Knowledge Bulletin (support.microsoft.com/kb/2505743), the problem may be with Intel graphics driver.  However, I cannot determine what new driver to load and from where.  The bulletin references certain versions of Intel Integrated Graphics drivers:
             Known issues:  Igdkmd64.sys  ver 8.15.10.2104 thru 8.15.10.2141
             I have:            Igdumd64.dll    ver 8.15.10.2104   which has been verified by Intel's on-line driver update utility.

The update utility offered a new driver: 15.22.1.64.2361 (8.15.10.2361).

Dell's driver download site lists an update, but it nomenclature makes it impossible to determine if it is equivalent to the Intel update noted above.

MS Win Upd recently offered an Intel driver update, but historically I have learned that 3rd party drivers offered my MS are generally not the latest available; and its nomenclature also makes it impossible to determine if it is equivalent to the Intel update noted above.

Current status:  Dell 5010 (aka Inspiron 15R)
                              Win 7 Pro 64bit with all critical and important updates installed

Intel driver:   Igdumd64.dll    ver 8.15.10.2104

QUESTION:  What driver should I install, and where should I download it from??

Please note that other than not being offered the SP1 update, I am having no problems with the PC.