1 Reply Latest reply on Jul 5, 2011 9:39 AM by

IE9 crashes after intall

DanL

I have a Dell Studio 540 with an Intel G45/G43 express chipset, driver version 8.15.10.2302.  My operating system is Vista 32 bit, Service pack 2.

I recently allowed the Microsoft system update utility to install ie9.  After installation and system restart, once activated ie9 would "stop working and close program".  This message would continuously loop until I was able to shut it down.  I then started ie9 in "No Add-ons Mode" with the same results.  I reset internet explorer settings to system defaults and still got the same results.  Finally, I was able to get ie9 to work by "using software rendering instead of GPU rendering" in the accelerated graphics setting.

My conclusion is that ie9 is not compatible with the Intel G45/G43 chipset for accelerated graphics.  I would like for my graphics card to support the accelerated graphics needs of ie9 instead of having to do a "work arround" to get the proper performance from ie9.

I have explored the knowledge base at Microsoft, Dell and Intel and have not been able to arrive at a solution.

Attached is my "Intel Graphics Media Accelerator Driver Report"