4 Replies Latest reply on Jul 2, 2011 3:42 PM by mosga

Intel MB DH55TC series and Remote Desktop connection

deramon

I have two of these MB's in PC's in my office. For whatever reason if I try and connect via Microsoft remote desktop connection software I cannot connect from outside my lan. I have static ip service with my ISP with five IP addresses. I can connect using one static IP to either machine. But from any other IP (and I have tried over four other outside PC's) I cannot connect. Each machine has two NIC's, one the on board NIC and a second NIC addon. I can also connect using the PC's name and not IP address with no problem. I have a remote worker who needs access using remote desktop connection.

Thank you in advance for any assistance you can provide.

• 1. Re: Intel MB DH55TC series and Remote Desktop connection
          mosga

When connecting to or from external pc with different REAL ip you must do a port forwarding in your router to open the respective ports to avoid the router block external calls in such ports. Same with firewall. anyways, I suggest you using the FREE software called TEAMVIEWER that works like a charm. For me is the best remote control soft available on this days and is free for non bussiness users. You must do port forwarding and open ports for this one too, otherwise you wont be able to connect from outside your workgroup. See documentation of your router on how to do that. Same with firewall.

Cheers

Mos

• 2. Re: Intel MB DH55TC series and Remote Desktop connection
            deramon

I have static IP service with my ISP. Port forwarding was never necessary until I started to use this Intel motherboard.

There must be something with the board that is blocking the connection.

• 3. Re: Intel MB DH55TC series and Remote Desktop connection
              mosga

The boards dont block connections, the firewalls, routers, isps, driver errors or bad setups does. Your connection is handled by your network card, which may be in the mother, but th emother itself has nothing to do. You are not providing enough information of this issue, I dont know if you changed router ultimately, isp, network card, OS, etc. but be sure of something, the motherboard is not blocking any connection simply because is not one of its functions. Try opening the proper ports, see if your OS is not blocking external connections, check if your firewall is not blocking external connections and allow in firewall the ports used by the program, disable firewall IN ROUTER, it is always very problematic and if you have a firewall in your OS is useless to have it also in your router and always check for latest updates in intel cos once you buy a new intel mother, there are already plenty of updates for it, and concerning your problem I should put special attention in BIOS and NETWORK CONNECTIONS updates.

Cheers

Mos

• 4. Re: Intel MB DH55TC series and Remote Desktop connection
                mosga

I forgot to say, to be sure is not a remote desktop connection issue due to a bad setup or incompatibility or such, you can try TEAMVIEWER for free WITHOUT INSTALLING IT, the software gives you that option. this soft is totally clean, recognized by the best antivirus programs and works fast and great and easy to use. if you can remote control with this soft, then you dont need to open ports, forward ports or nothing that I posted before and is simply a windows remote desktop connection issue.