3 Replies Latest reply on Jun 25, 2011 7:58 AM by CIBSS

Error code 139

CIBSS

Hallo,

if I running my private application on MARC012 machine, I become Error Code 139 by executing.

The application is compiled with GORY flag for using of  dynamical memory allocation.

Same problem I have by running of example application SHIFT.

In the error description is a proposal for this error case a square number of cores to use up to 36.

But my problem does not solve!

What wrong do I make?

Thanks

• 1. Re: Error code 139
          aprell

Error code 139 stands for segmentation fault, which means there is an invalid memory access somewhere in the program. Have you tried to debug it?

1 of 1 people found this helpful
          • 2. Re: Error code 139
            tedk

Yes, error code 139 indicates a seg fault.I went on one of our internal systems and ran shift without any problem. I attached my output.

I ran it as

rccerun -nue 36 -f rc.hosts cshift 10

I built RCCE with icc as

PLATFORMFLAGS=$(BMFLAG) -DSCC -DSHMADD -static -mcpu=pentium -gcc-version=340 -I../include

I built cshift as

make API=gory cshift

If you are still seeing this seq faul, can you post how you built RCCE, how you built SHIft and attach the executable that casues the fault?

• 3. Re: Error code 139
              CIBSS

Hello!

Thanks for your assistance. Code runs now without problems. I believe that my error was with compiler flag -DGORY. I added it manually behind of -DSCC flag directly in symbols and don't use option API=gory with make.

Best regards