Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20623 Discussions

Intel Graphics Accelerator 950 Clone Mode Problem

idata
Employee

I have a Samsung N130 Netbook with the Intel Graphics Media Accelerator 950. When operating the netbook in clone mode with a Samsung LCD TV (Windows 7 Starter) the netbook switches randomly between clone mode and normal mode. It may work fine for an hour or so or the problem may appear immediately. The netbook feeds the TV via a VGA cable (1 meter) into a VGA distribution amplifier and then onto the TV (5 meters). From some research things are pointing towards the graphics adapter. Is it possible this could be the cause of the issue - the graphics adapter not being able to drive in clone mode in this situation? I've tried running the netbook on mains power only and battery only but the problem persists. Any help on this would be much appreciated. Many thanks.

1 Reply
DArce
Valued Contributor III

Hi,

I suggest you to test a direct connection between the netbook and another video display. Do not use any kind of adapter or any other device in between.

Also, keep in mind that VGA does not natively support TV out features, so connecting a LCD display to a VGA connection is not part of the design of these controllers.

0 Kudos