1 Reply Latest reply on Jun 22, 2011 6:18 PM by CarWiz

DH67CL Storage Limit

rihatum

Hi All,

I have a intel DH67CL Motherboard with the following Drives :

3 x 2TB SATA 7200RPM Drives

1 x 500GB Boot SATA 7200RPM Drive.

The Board has 4 SATA Ports with 2 x 6GBs and 2 x 3GBs SATA Ports

I disconnected the DVD drive and connected all 4 HDDs on separate sata cable so utilizing all 4 ports, it won't detect all 4 disks and would only detect 2 x 2TB and 1 x 500GB.

Mode is AHCI and I am not using RAID at all, just want the 4 disks to show up

are there any limitations on the maximum storage or am I missing something ?

Will be grateful for your insight and help
      Kind Regards

• 1. Re: DH67CL Storage Limit
          CarWiz

The DVD is probably still assigned to one port. You'll need to clear CMOS and let the BIOS re-detect the drives. You'll also have to change the boot priority if you had a DVD defined there.

Here's an excerpt from your board manual: You'll use the Configure Mode.

Do not move the jumper with the power on. Always turn off the power and unplug the power cord from the computer before changing a jumper setting. Otherwise, the board could be damaged. Figure 13 shows the location of the jumper block. The 3-pin jumper block determines the BIOS Setup program’s mode. Table 29 describes the jumper settings for the three modes: normal, configure, and recovery.