6 Replies Latest reply on Jun 26, 2011 9:34 AM by

Intel(R) Centrino(R) Ultimate-N 6300 AGN connection timeouts

Jollyrogers

Hi everyone,

Recently, I received an ordered Alienware m17x R3 with an Intel(R) Centrino(R) Ultimate-N 6300 AGN wireless card.

It's been about a week and although things have mostly been running smoothly, the wireless card is consistently dropping my connection.

As far as I can tell, this is an isolated problem with my computer, as the other computers in the house aren't experiencing a connection drop

at the same time as my Alienware. The drops increase in frequency if I attempt to do any online gaming or high-bandwidth activities.

I have tried several methods to remedy this: I've updated the drivers directly from this website, I've made sure that the power transfer setting is off

for the card, I've tried switching around the prefered channel bond, I've tried moving closer to the modem (although, unfortunately, it isn't possible for me to

directly hook a wire into it - this is a wireless connection problem), I've tried lowering and raising performance settings and I've opened up exceptions to all my firewalls.

It doesn't make sense. I have an "excellent" connection and my ping is perfect in any program I use, but then every minute or so the connection just flatlines for a good 20-30 seconds.

Any suggestions or ideas is extremely appreciated. Thank you.