1 Reply Latest reply on Jul 31, 2011 2:38 AM by rataratira

Credentials not displayed as they are typed

Wendy23219

I’m not sure where to post this problem, but am hoping that someone can point me in the right direction.  Please forgive me if this is not the right place.

I have a Dell Latitude E6520 running Windows 64-bit with an Intel HD Graphics 3000 Video card.

The user connects through IE 9 to an Oracle Application Server.  This launches JInitiator 1.3.1.22 and a login screen is displayed for the user’s credentials.  This is when the problem starts.

The User can type credentials, but they aren’t displayed.  You can hover over the task bar to display the currently typed credentials, but cannot see them as they are typed. You have to hover over the task bar again to see what else has been typed.  You can press Ctrl+Alt+Delete, then press Esc.  At this point, the user can see typed credentials in the box and see them as they are typed, but you have to do this everytime IE9 is launched.

Things I have tried:

Set Power Options of the Intel Graphics Card to Maximum Performance

Updated the Intel driver, getting the driver from Intel and Dell.

Downgraded the Intel driver, getting the driver from Intel and Dell.

Updated flash player.  Updating flash player works one time.  When IE 9 is closed and reopened, the problem returns.

Downgraded and used IE8.  

Reformatted the computer to run only Windows, Jinitiator and Internet Explorer.

Upgraded BIOS

Upgraded all chipsets

In Internet Options, disabled “memory protection to help mitigate online attacks”

It will work with VGA Generic graphic settings, but other programs we use are not compatible with this.

It will also work if a second monitor is plugged into the computer.  The monitor doesn’t have to be on for the user to see the credentials as they type, it just has to be plugged in.  Since most users do not have a second monitor plugged into their laptop, this is not a viable solution.

If anyone has any thoughts on this, I would love to hear them.

Thank you!