4 Replies Latest reply on Jun 17, 2011 10:08 AM by Doc_SilverCreek

Is Intel Xeon E3 1225 compatible with the C204 chipset?

Cjansson86

Hey,

I just bought a Xeon E3 1225 cpu and a SuperMicro X9SCM-F motherboard with the C204 chipset. Two Corsair XMS3 4gb 1333mhz non buffered non ECC for memory. New Corsair Corsair CMPSU-400CX PSU which works on other motherboards.

It does not even post, the IPMI interface works fine and says BIOS code 22 which means power message. I cannot get video to startup through the IPMI interface either.

I've tried resetting the bios, turning off the onboard VGA and using an AMD 5570 through a 8x to 16x riser due to the motherboard only having 8x pcie ports. Ive also tried without memory, no cables attached except for the power button and 24 pin and 8 pin power connectors. The onboard speaker does not sound at all which could have indicated that something is wrong but no.

I've searched the net and can't find a definite answer to if the Xeon E3 12x5 series is compatible with the C204 chipset. Intel gives a hint that the C206 chipset does support it but still nothing definite for the C204.

I want to know if its the motherboard or the chipset that does not support the 12x5 series.

Has anyone else managed to get a Xeon E3 1225 running on the C204 chipset?

Regards

Chris