Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20589 Discussions

--SOLVED--HD 3000 graphics fail - 3 defective mobos? - Are you an expert?

idata
Employee

--SOLVED--

I had TWO defective core i5 2500k processors! I finally received a 3rd one in the mail, popped it in, didn't change a single setting, and VOILA, HD 3000 graphics work perfectly now! Wow, seriously, what are the chances of getting 2 defective processors, tisk tisk intel.

Z68 gigabyte mobo + core i5 2500k

Every time I install the intel VGA drivers, windows 7 prof 64 bit will freeze/crash on the startup screen. For the life of me, I absolutely CAN'T get the HD 3000 graphics to work. My first 2 mobos were Z68MA-D2H-B3, and third was Z68A-D3H-B3, all with the same exact problem...

Here is the massive list of everything I've tried so far.

-Multiple versions of the intel VGA drivers, including the latest 2401

-Reinstalled windows 7, also tried windows 7 ultimate.

-Upgraded to latest bios (using QFlash)

-Installed all latest windows 7 updates

-Swapped out all ram/power supply/another core i5 2500k processor/another hard drive

-Changed any significant bios options, default, optimized, auto, etc.

-Used both DVI and the old school blue video out and different monitors. (no adapters)

-Cleared/reset CMOS

-One stick of memory

If I put in a video card, everything works perfectly. It's just the HD 3000 graphics that refuse to work, and since this is my 3rd mobo with the same exact problem, something can't be right...but I've already swapped out every part with known working parts. I've spent countless hours trying to diagnose this and refuse to give up and buy a video card. Are all these mobos defective (or two defective processors) or am I doing something wrong?

Thank you everyone for your help or input.

2 Replies
Allan_J_Intel1
Employee

Hi there!

Looks like the graphics portion on those processors are defective. Were you using same processors on those boards? Did you ever replace one of them for testing?

If you haven't, I recommend contacting Intel warranty department. You can interact with a warranty agent at this URL and click on the "Processors" link

http://support.intel.com/support/feedback.htm http://support.intel.com/support/feedback.htm

Thanks

Allan.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Looks like the graphics portion on those processors are defective. Were you using same processors on those boards? Did you ever replace one of them for testing?

Yeah, I tried 2x core i5 2500k processors, same issue.

0 Kudos