3 Replies Latest reply on Jun 26, 2011 8:06 AM by Loveboat

DX58SO - BIOS issue with CPU fan control

Loveboat

Hi all

i've got the DX58SO board with i7 920 and 4GB Kingston RAM.

When upgrading the BIOS to version 5559 or 5561 the cpu fan is running on maximum all the time. I had to downgrade to 5529 again to solve the issue.

I had checked the BIOS setting but there were no changes made to 5529 for the FAN control.

Does anybody know what's going on here?

Additional i would like to know where i can get the original Intel SATA cablle from. I have added new video adapters (HD6970) which are overlapping two SATA ports which are used for my RAID10 system. In my box there had been just one angled one, nothing more. :-(, but i need at least once more. And those Intel cables are different to the standard ones. I had checked the internet where people posted to have 4 cables inside. Where have been the other three cables??? Maybe taken out by the shop i bought it??? Anyway.....where can i get them from??

Many thanks in advance

Loveboat

• 1. Re: DX58SO - BIOS issue with CPU fan control
          Salem_Intel

Hi,

In regards to your inquiries, I have the following comments/suggestions:

1. "[After] upgrading the BIOS to either 5559 or 5561, the cpu fan [started running] on maximum all the time."

Just to be 100% sure, restart the system into BIOS.  Once in the BIOS setup utility, press <F9> to restore BIOS default settings.  Reset any customized BIOS settings. Clear all DMI event logs by setting the option to "Enable", which is located in the Advanced/Event Log Configuration section of the BIOS Setup utility.  Finally, press <F10> to save the new settings and reboot the system.

2. "...would like to know where [you] can get the original Intel SATA cablle from"

I confirm our Intel(R) Desktop Board DX58SO does come with 4 SATA cables (click here).  Hence, I'd highly recommend contacting your place of purchase regarding the rest of the cables.

• 2. Re: DX58SO - BIOS issue with CPU fan control
            Techman

To resolve the fan speed issue remove the power from your power supply by unplugging it, or if you have a switch on the supply turn it off, wait about ten seconds then reapply the power. Your fans should now work properly.

• 3. Re: DX58SO - BIOS issue with CPU fan control
              Loveboat

Hi Techman,

many thanks for your response. After upgrade to 5561 i had switch the power supply off for around 20 seconds. After restarting the pc the cpu fan runs low again. FINE :-)

I had called the support hotline here and got a very friendly agent on the phone. He had rechecked and indeed there should have been 4 SATA cables inside. They raised an RMA and send me 3 missing cables. THANKS TO THE GREAT INTEL SUPPORT!!!!

Bye

Dirk