Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20598 Discussions

Intel(r) graphics media accelerator driver problems please help me

idata
Employee

hey, I am no expert with computers but I will begin with how it all went wrong and what I need help with as best I can.

firstly I am using a dell inspiron 1545 laptop with 4 gig ram and a dual core processor.

the story...

I was online gaming as you do with my friends and my laptop just totally froze, I mean completely went out so I did a force reboot as it goes...and then it began.

It too 10-20 to get me to the log in screen and when I arrived at my destination it was all out of resolution, so I thought...eh I will fix it in a minute.

I log in and try to fix it and I can't >.>, and its no longer shiny and see through like seven should be but rather horrible and blue, not unlike vista.

and then ehh I can't game anymore... so I was like -face wall-

so after snooping around a bit I decided to trouble-shoot the driver .... yeah no,it kept taking around 10 minutes to install then failing at the end, so i thought eh windows update eh, and went to intel to the driver help thingie (sorry) and tried to manually get the driver but .... no just no it brought up set up took 10 minutes or so to install and .... I got this nice message

"an error occurred registering one or more components

set up will now close"

its the right driver its just being...special =/

I have tried my heart out to fix this issue but I am to no avail and its killing me, my laptop has become a glorified dvd player =[

please this is like a last shot, if you cannot help me I have no idea how to fix this.

0 Kudos
7 Replies
Allan_J_Intel1
Employee

Hi there!

Have you tried uninstalling video drivers? You can do this through Windows Control Panel, Add/Remove programs under Windows XP or Programs and Features under Vista or Windows 7

As soon as you uninstalled your drivers, you need to get drivers directly from your computer manufacturer or Intel.

To download drivers from Intel go here:

http://www.intel.com/support/graphics/detect.htm http://www.intel.com/support/graphics/detect.htm

Thanks

Allan.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Thank you for this however it didn't work,

I uninstalled the video drivers and restarted my computer, windows then tried to find the drivers online, downloaded them and they both failed to install, this is a recurring issue, I can't reinstall the drivers 😕 any idea why?

0 Kudos
idata
Employee
0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hi,

I have a prblem with getting my resolution as low as 600x480, the lowest i can set it to is 800x600! I need to downgrade the resolution to connect my laptop (ACER aspire 5610Z) to an old TV. What is the solution, which driver should I install..?

Thanx a lot!

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

by the way,do you know how to deactivate the intel(R)graphics acceleretor?

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

I don't actually, mabye I have done this accidentally O_o. but either way I can't reinstall the video drivers at the moment, if you know why please could you let me know thanks ^_^.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

I connected mine through hdmi and sometimes it flashes for no reason.

Also I'm unable to set 1080p properly as the desktop is somehow oversized not practical at all.

I've installed and uninstalled drivers (lastest versions) from monitor and from intel... still no luck.

I'm considering returning my laptop during the next few days if this isn't sorted by intel.

Very poor drivers... get this sorted asap.

0 Kudos