4 Replies Latest reply on Jun 12, 2011 11:54 PM by bineeshjose

Intel DG43NB and windows 7 issue..

hassanfarooq92

Hello guys......

i own a dg43nb mobo with intel e2200... It runs fine on windows Xp, but whenever i install windows 7 on it.. It stucks after the installing on the boot... Just a small white - appears on the top left corner.. Anyone have a solution to this??

• 1. Re: Intel DG43NB and windows 7 issue..
          mechbob

Is this a fresh install on a clean and formated drive , or is there something on the drive ??

• 2. Re: Intel DG43NB and windows 7 issue..
            trideepb11

You are telling the board works the fine with windows Xp and not with Windows 7. But I would like to hear from you that whenever you try installing windows 7 do you use the windows XP aside, i mean do you perform multi-booting?

If yes, then try re-installing windows Xp and do check that if the problem occurs with windows XP as well?

Moreover, to your solution I would like to answer you that whenever after performing installation from the boot menu, then get to setup again and mark the first boot device at boot menu as Hard Disk or HDD 0.

Good Luck...

• 3. Re: Intel DG43NB and windows 7 issue..
              Flying_Kiwi

There are some fixes in the newer BIOS versions for this board to prevent Vista (and presumably newer OSs) from hanging on installation so it'd be worth checking that you have the most recent BIOS version installed on this board. It's available from the Intel website downloads section for your board and make sure you follow the installation instructions in the Readme file carefully!

• 4. Re: Intel DG43NB and windows 7 issue..
                bineeshjose

Hi ,

Here you go......

Boot the system again from windows 7 DVD.

Once you reach install now screen during windows 7 installation.

Select Repair your computer instead of Install now option.

You will get an option to select the repair tool, select command prompt from there..

Type below commands..

Bootrec/fixboot

Press enter “you should get message operation completed successfully”

Bootrec/Fixmbr

Press enter “you should get message operation completed successfully”

No reboot the machine and boot from HDD....

Thanks,

Bineesh Jose