5 Replies Latest reply on Sep 3, 2011 12:43 AM by mulder

Dual display support HDMI& D-sub driver issue

izatenat

I have problem to install dual display configuration on my PC.

Before installing intel HD graphics driver, i see same picture in monitor and TV but screen resolution was 1024x768.

After installing latest intel Hd graphics driver(Driver Revision: 15.22.1.64.2361). I see extended image on monitor and TV(Good), but after reboot i see image only on monitor, and i cannot extend windows picture to my TV.(BAD)

When I try to disable Intel HD graphics display adapter in device manager(screen resolution was 1024x768) and after that enable Intel HD graphics display adapter - I see extended image on monitor and TV(Good).

When I use previos version of this driver or latest version for windows XP(winxp_14464), everytime  on TV I see "NO signal" (BAD)

My desktop spec:

Intel core i3 2100

Asrock motherboard H61 U3/S3

Video card: onboard intel HD graphics 2000

Win 7 Ultimate x64

Win Xp Prof x86()

Please help me to resolve this issue.

• 1. Re: Dual display support HDMI& D-sub driver issue

Hi,

I have this exact same problem. Two monitors are connected to this card: VGA and HDMI.

The HDMI one is converted to DVI since I only have DVI input on my monitor.

The driver version for the Intel HD Graphics Family is 8.15.10.2361

Driver date: 10-04-2011

After installing the newest driver, everything works well (dual monitor, extended desktop).

However after reboot the second monitor (HDMI one) only works till the "loading windows screen".

At the point of the windows login screen this monitor gets "no video input".

Also I see that the driver is back to 8.15.10.2361.

Why cant my computer seem to get the newest drivers installed?

Any help is welcome.

Kind regards,

Michael   

• 2. Re: Dual display support HDMI& D-sub driver issue

EDIT:

After playing a while with the drivers I see that the 8.15.10.2361 IS actually the latest drivers.

First of all sorry about that.

However I still have the same problem.

The weird thing is that the extended desktop feature works after installing this driver.

Only problem is that everything goes back into Single Display after reboot.

Is there a option that I have missed?

Also on booting I see a clone on "Starting Windows".

Upon login screen it goes back to Single Display.

My reasoning is that this is a driver problem.

Somebody can help me?

Michael

• 3. Re: Dual display support HDMI& D-sub driver issue

In my case it was a broken HDMI cable. When I have tryed to use another cablle it work fine.

• 4. Re: Dual display support HDMI& D-sub driver issue

I am having the exact same issue with a brand new Dell Inspiron 580 with an Intel HD Graphics i3 chip. Using a HDAV HDMI-to-DVI adapter and a vividFX 12ft HDMI cable. Tried everything, including downgrading the drivers, downloading directly from Dell, using alternate HDMI cable and still no go.

• 5. Re: Dual display support HDMI& D-sub driver issue
                  mulder

I got the same problem.