4 Replies Latest reply on Jun 10, 2011 11:29 PM by parsec

How to make game run smoother

vinheim3

Hey all, I'm not exactly the best with drivers and such when it comes to improving the performance of games and recently I got myself a game called "Hamilton's Great Adventure". Whenever I play it, it is extremely slow unlike most other games I have on my laptop. Searching for drivers, I had to provide the following information about the laptop:

Product Family - Chipsets

Product Line - Laptop Chipsets

Product Name - Mobile Intel® 4 Series Express Chipset Family

Operating System - Windows 7, 64-bit

But here are some more:

Processor - Pentium(R) Dual-Core CPU T4500 @ 2.30 GHz 2.30 GHz (yes, it says 2.30 GHz twice)

Installed memory (RAM): 3.00 GB

I've got a Intel(R) Graphics Media Accelerator Driver for Mobile, but even when setting 3D options to maximize performance, the game is still slow. My graphics driver is updated. What else can I download to improve performance of games on this laptop?

• 1. Re: How to make game run smoother
          Doc_SilverCreek

It could be there is a reason that the game list the list a faster processor and some higher end video cards as system requirements? 

• Processor: Dual Core 2.4GHz processor
          • Memory: 2GB
          • Hard Disk Space: 1GB
          • Video Card: Shader 4.0 compatible card (minimum: Nvidia GeForce 8xxx, AMD Radeon 2xxx)
          • DirectX®: Direct3D 11

I am not much of a gaming guy so maybe some one else will have a idea.

• 2. Re: How to make game run smoother
            vinheim3

I know a different laptop with these requirements can be bought to solve the problem, but I'm curious as to whether I can just download certain software that speeds up the game, or lower the quality of the game to make it run faster. Is there any?

• 3. Re: How to make game run smoother
              Doc_SilverCreek

Ususaly games have video setting that can be reduced which will lessen the system load and speed the game.

Also make sure you only the the game runnning. Every background programming running will slow the game a little. 

• 4. Re: How to make game run smoother
                parsec

The newer the game, the more likely it will be more demanding of the graphics system.  Gamer's using desktop PCs cannot always run their games at the highest resolutions and settings for the game.  As Doc said, you should be able to adjust various things in the game from an option in the main menu of the game.  That is really standard gaming stuff, so find that option and experiment, turn down the resolution and whatever else to make it easier for the PC to handle the game.

There is no software that assists in gaming, and as Doc said you should have nothing else running if the game is that demanding on your PC.  A minimized program does not count as not running, exit everything.

You may find this website interesting, it describes various games and let's you check if your PC's hardware is good enough to play the game.  This is the page for your game, scroll down some and find the Systems Requirements Tool, to check your PC.

http://www.game-debate.com/games/index.php?g_id=1840&game=Hamiltons%20Great%20Adventure

It looks like you'll need to create a login to get a better list of CPUs and graphics, your CPU is not listed on the basic list.  I put in the specs for what I guessed was similar to your PC, and it failed, meaning not recommended.  You should try it for yourself with the correct hardware.  Good luck.