Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20596 Discussions

intel hd graphics core i5 2500k and gtx570 nvidia

idata
Employee

hi there

i bought the new asus motherboard p8z68-v pro and i have an nvidia gtx570 installed. have 3 monitors connected, 2 in nvidia, 1 in intel hd. but i have a big poroblem, when i boot the system with the intel hd turned on, directx only works on the intel hd graphics instead of the gtx570 despite beeing the primary display device and because of that i cant run games like flight simulator x cause it gives me a error message of invalid driver or hardware. can you tell me if there is any way to solve this, without having to unninstall intel hd and rebooting?
0 Kudos
2 Replies
DArce
Valued Contributor III

Hello,

The expected behaviour on this is that the software driver automatically enables or disables each controller depending on the processing requirements. I believe that this is controlled by a software called ucidLogix® Virtu (you may need to confirm with Asus*).

In this case what you should check with your motherboard manufacturer if there is a setting that will allow you to manually switch the controllers.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

actually i've tried with and without the lucid virtu enabled or installed and i've reinstalled windows several times and tried different configurations. for now the only i can get directx support back to my gtx570 card is reinstalling the nvidia drivers every time i boot the machine. so i'm sure that it's a driver related issue it only remains to see which manufacter brand will come with a solution,

0 Kudos