5 Replies Latest reply on Jun 14, 2011 1:42 AM by Flying_Kiwi

Intel® Desktop Board DG43GT

gunerb

Hello everyone,

I have a Intel® Desktop Board DG43GT and NVIDIA GeForce 9400 GT MD1G (on PCI Express x 16 connector) Graphic Card.

Graphic Card Settings:

Dedicated video memory: 1024 MB
      Shared system memory: 766 MB

Windows 7 Professional 32 Bit
      Intel Core 2 Duo E6850 3.00 GHz

System Momory is: 4 GB DDR2 800

But now with Graphic Card is 2 GB

Why Graphic Card (PCI Express x 16 connector) use 766 MB from my system memory?
      For me 1 GB Graphic Memory is enough, I don't want to share my system memory with Graphic Card.

Please help me. What can I do?

Best Regards.

Guner

• 1. Re: Intel® Desktop Board DG43GT
          mechbob

This a normal function of Windows , to make extra memory available to the graphics sys . It does not mean it's being used it just means it's available.

• 2. Re: Intel® Desktop Board DG43GT
            gunerb

Yes you are right but available RAM is 2 GB, normaly is 4 GB.

What can you say about that?

I don't want to share my system memory with Graphic Gard.

Thanks.

• 3. Re: Intel® Desktop Board DG43GT
              Flying_Kiwi

Hmmm 2 GB system memory available if 4 GB is installed does seem low. If you've got lots of software installed and apps running in the background etc, that could gobble up system memory. I've seen BIOS updates correct issues like this in the past so it'd be worth backing up your valuable data, shutting down the PC, removing the graphics card altogether (and unplug any non-essential USB devices etc) then update the boards BIOS to the latest revision. Have a look after it boots back into windows post flashing to see how much system memory you have without the card installed (it should be well over 3 GB usable - my DG45ID running x64 Win 7 shows 3.87 GB usable and I think when I had the x86 version installed it was around 3.5 GB usable, this is from Control Panel -> System).

• 4. Re: Intel® Desktop Board DG43GT
                gunerb

Hi,

usually the x86 version installed is around 3.5 GB usable. Without Graphic Gard (on PCI Express x 16 connector) my system Memory is 3.5 GB. But with NVIDIA GeForce 9400 GT MD1G (on PCI Express x 16 connector) Graphic Card system Memory is 2 GB. I am very sorry that I bought this card. Dedicated Video Memory on Graphic Card is 1024 and this is enough for me. I am going crazy. My board Bios is updated but no result.

Graphic Card Settings is:

Dedicated video memory: 1024 MB
                Shared system memory: 766 MB

How can I solve this problem?

• 5. Re: Intel® Desktop Board DG43GT
                  Flying_Kiwi

gunerb wrote:

How can I solve this problem?

What 'problem' would that be? Are you getting crashes or errors as a result of this? Are programs failing to run? I assume you've also updated to the latest drivers from your graphics card manufacturers website (and Intel Chipset drivers for the motherboard) and checked the other options in the graphics driver configuration menu for settings which may get you closer to what you want (ie have a fiddle around trying different options to see what effects they have)? Where in Windows are you reading the usable memory from?

If the card is really bothering you that much take it out and just use the onboard graphics or sell the card and buy a different one - you have many options and no reason to feel like you're going crazy.