2 Replies Latest reply on Dec 28, 2011 5:36 AM by duda_ce

DH67CL B3 Audio and Video Drop-Outs (Scratching) - High Latency?

duda_ce

Hi,

I'm experiencing some drop-outs while playing audio or video. Here's my system:

DH67CL motherboard B3 stepping (confirmed by Intel's application)

8 GB DDR3 1333 Kingston RAM (2 x 4 GB)

Core i7 2600 processor

X-25 40GB SSD on SATA2 as my boot drive

2 x Seagate HDDs on SATAs 0 and 1 in a RAID 1 (mirrored) array

Windows 7 64-bit

Most of the times the drop-outs happen when I open new applications and new browser windows/tabs, but sometimes it happens also while only playing. I'm using DPC Latency Checker and noticed a high latency peak happens everytime a drop-out occur (sometimes a high latency peak also occurs and I notice no audio/video drop-out). Hardly never I listen to a song and get no drop-out. The highest number of drop-outs I got was 3 in a row, 15 secs apart from each other.The highest latency peaks are about 43000 microseconds, most of them are about 36000 microsecs.

I first thought it was a problem with the ethernet adapter. Disabeled it but didn't help.

Then I thought of the SSD and disabled the pagefile. I sense fewer drop-outs (and latency peaks), but just a few less, it's far from stopping completelly.

Tried copying songs and videos to my SSD and run from there, but it still got the same drop-outs.

I'm using the latest drivers and firmwares as of today June 8th.

Any ideas on how to solve my problem?

Thanks a lot.

• 1. Re: DH67CL B3 Audio and Video Drop-Outs (Scratching) - High Latency?
          duda_ce

Hi,

By looking for answers over the Internet, I got some tips on Microsoft Answers and I'm pretty much sure my problem was caused by Intel Desktop Utilities. I disabled it and the problem stopped, the latency has not gotten higher than 1200 microseconds and usually doesn't get more than 200 (the peaks are around 600). The version I was running is 3.1.4.031a. Hopefully Intel will improve it on the next versions. I also had another issue with it, that I already posted: one of the temperature sensors had a default treshold of zero degrees C, and even if I changed it, the next boot it reset to zero. So I had to disable the notification for that particular sensor.

Thank you.

• 2. Re: DH67CL B3 Audio and Video Drop-Outs (Scratching) - High Latency?
            duda_ce

Just to add some more information, the IDU versions up to 3.2.1.042a are still causing high latency and audio and video drop-outs. It seems that there is less occurrence of the drop-outs, but some still remain.

Thank you.