2 Replies Latest reply: Jun 10, 2011 3:10 PM by Curious592 RSS

Intel DZ68DB system just stopped working after 2 days

Alex.K.NY Community Member
Currently Being Moderated

Hi,

2 days ago I have configured a new computer based on Intel DZ68DB and the following components:

• Intel Core i7-2600K Sandy Bridge 3.4GHz (3.8GHz Turbo Boost) LGA 1155 95W cpu BX80623I72600K
  • Intel 320 Series 2.5" 600GB SATA II SSD SSDSA2CW600G3K
  • G.SKILL Ripjaws X Series 16GB (4 x 4GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1333 (PC3 10666) Desktop Memory Model F3-10666CL7Q-16GBXH
  • ATI FirePro 3D 5800 graphiics card
  • KINGWIN Lazer Platinum Series LZP-550 550W ATX 12V v2.2 / EPS 12V v2.91 / SSI EPS 12V v2.92
  • SONY Black Blu-ray Burner SATA BD-5300S-0B
  • Windows 7 64 bit

...inside a rooomy tower case with good cooling. Stock CPU fan, stock/default/auto cpu, memory and other timings. No other hardware. Everything braand new from newegg except motherboard, from another vendor.

I have updated the motherboard BIOS to the latest version as of 2 dasy ago, and used the latest motherboard drivers.

The system had been running absolutely great for 2 days, then last night I noticed CPU fan, which was normally spinning low, started cycling slightly more frequently between low and medium settngs. Which was a tiny bit strange, I thought, as the system was just idling. When I woke up this morning, the system was off and it would not turn on! I tried reseating all the power connectors to the motherboard, disconnecting and reconnecting the power cable, etc.

The little green standby light on the motherboard does come on, and the network jack lights up when connected obviously, but otherwise when I press the power button the CPU fan or case fans do not speed up, nothing.

Would like to know how I go about systematically troubleshooting this... It may be the PSU in conjunction with the lower outlet voltage (lots of ACs running in New York City given the heat wave...)

Any advice on systematically breaking down and troubleshooting this type issues would be really appreciated.

Thanks

Alex

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...