2 Replies Latest reply on Jun 24, 2011 4:58 AM by Flying_Kiwi

Mass Flashing Utility

Ashtonwatts

Hello,

i have just brought 97 DH55TC boards and need to change the bios settings on them, is there a tool that will allow me to create an image and then flash all my computers? thanks

• 1. Re: Mass Flashing Utility
          Ashtonwatts

By the way, found the solution,

Intel Integrator Toolkit, its actually a really cool bit of kit, you download the one releivant to your product, that then allows you to download the bios file (all versions) and then it loads all the settings in that file, allows you to change all the settings you wish and then hide the settings so that the end user cant change stuff, (useful to me because I'm the technician for a school and the end users are rather troublesome 11-16 year olds.) then it creates a BIO file, you can just drop that on a USB stick and then if you press F7 on boot-up the flash utility finds the file and loads the settings, but i also managed to script the bios update from windows as part of a WDS automated installation.

Anyway, the only thing i've found it cant do is set a password but if you chose to hide all the options then that doesn't matter so much.

And useful note, i did find that you have to flash the bios twice for it to take, i figured that this was once to update to the new version and then once to add the settings.

Happy flashing, people.

• 2. Re: Mass Flashing Utility
            Flying_Kiwi

Ashton watts wrote:

[re Intel Integrator Toolkit] allows you to change all the settings you wish and then hide the settings so that the end user cant change stuff, (useful to me because I'm the technician for a school and the end users are rather troublesome 11-16 year olds.)

Ah yes the joys of being a computer tech at a school - been there done that. Watch out for kids attempting to boot the PCs with USB pendrives attached would be the next thing you need to watch out for