Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20633 Discussions

i3 530 Intel HD graphic unit crashes during media playback

idata
Employee

I'm currently building a Windows Media Center (Win7, x86) on an Intel i3 530 basis. However, the system just freezes during media playback (DVD, Blu-Ray, Live TV as well as mkv or mp4 files) and turns the monitor off. After a quick look in the event-log, this problem is apparently cause by the Intel HD graphic unit on the board:

- System - Provider [ Name] Display - EventID 4101 [ Qualifiers] 0 Level 3 Task 0 Keywords 0x80000000000000 - TimeCreated [ SystemTime] 2011-06-07T14:29:43.000000000Z EventRecordID 3981 Channel System Computer MediaCenter-PC Security - EventData igfx

I've tried installing all the newest drivers from the Intel site, but the system still freezes. Any ideas?

0 Kudos
1 Reply
idata
Employee

I've exactly the same issue since a few months (Intel Core i3-530, DH57DD, Win7x64).

After updating to the latest HD Display Driver (8.15.10.2559) for my MB DH57DD it becomes even worse than before.

My Mediacenter HTPC is connected via HDMI to my AV-Receiver. If the Display Driver crashes and recovers, the screen remains black. It seems to me, that the HDMI Handshake doesn't work after the display driver recovery.

I need to reboot the HTPC during a Windows Terminal Services Session in order to get back a picture on my TV. This is very annoying, if there a running tv recordings getting broken because of the necessary boot.

Would be great if intel could fix this soon.

0 Kudos