Intel vPro® Platform
Intel Manageability Forum for Intel® EMA, AMT, SCS & Manageability Commander
2827 Discussions

DP67BG Pre-Sales Enquiry

NFlee
Novice

Hi, Please could someone who is familiar with the Intel DP67BG motherboard help me. I had a new board fail on me (Asus P8P67 pro rev3), this is now in the RTM routine. I wish to use my remaining two week old components and think the DP67BG board will suit. My question, having read a recent article here, is whether or not my PSU is up to the demanding standards required by this Intel board. It is an AKASKA model no AK-PSS075FGM 750 watts.

My other components:-

i7 2600k 3.4 Ghz

G.skill Ripjaws F3-12800CL9D-8GBXL x 2

Gainward Geforce GTX460GS

Seagate 2TB SATA

Western digital 1TB SATA

windows 7 home premium

Thank you

Nick

1 Reply
idata
Employee

Dear sir/madam,

You have massive overkill on wattage.

The CPU in turbo mode should not excess ~100W, the video card uses ~ 250-275 W during load, so that's less than 400W total. Those are the true powermongers. The third on the list, the chipset, uses significantly less than that. For the rest, it's good to have 100-150W headroom, for fluctuations and for the other components (a HDD uses a few Watts, memory even less, etc).

So yes, 750W for that getup should be more than plenty. In fact, it's so plentiful that I suspect there might be a small chance you posted this to brag about your having a 750W power supply

Sincerely,

Frederik

0 Kudos