11 Replies Latest reply on Nov 25, 2012 9:28 AM by runwaystudio Branched to a new discussion.

PCI with M Audio Delta 1010 cards sample rate 44100 Hz slow

runwaystudio

I have a DP67BG i7-2600 3.40GHS 8.00 GB 64-BIT WINDOWS 7 QUAD and I am having problems with the audio on the PCI slots.Downloaded new drivers from http://http://www.m-audio.com/products/en_us/Delta1010.html if I set my sample rate to 44100 Hz the music plays at half the speed and crackles through media player, if I use the outboard sound's speakers on media player it's fine.  Have contacted M Audio their new drivers for windows 7 came out 5-31-2011.  If I put sample rate at 22050 Hz it's fine, but I cant record it clicks and pop's in Stienberg Wave Lab or Cubase.  My question is, are the PCI slot's capable of playing audio in a professional sample rate (which is 44100 or 48000).  That is standard studio quality for audio cd's.  What do I have to reconfigure to do this.  I don't understand why a PCI slot would read at half the speed. It seem's like a clock issue? Or is the DP67BG not capable of running PCI Card's?  I have a Dell Windows XP 32bit and a Gateway Vista 32bit, the Delta 1010 cards run fine.

Please help!

• 1. Re: PCI with M Audio Delta 1010 cards sample rate 44100 Hz slow
          Flying_Kiwi

PCI bus contention issues can sometimes be responsible for crackles in audio so a swap around of any cards into different slots may make a difference (assuming you have more than one card). Otherwise it'll be down to your discussions with the audio card supplier/manufacturer to resolve the problems you're experiencing.

I think the fact that the onboard sound works says it all. Of course if you're trying to use both the onboard sound and your seperate soundcard on the same computer at the same time then that's often a recipie for disaster. You'll need to ensure onboard audio is disabled in the motherboards BIOS to rule out any conflicts between audio hardware as contributing to or causing these troubles.

• 2. Re: PCI with M Audio Delta 1010 cards sample rate 44100 Hz slow
            runwaystudio

I have turned off the audio in the bios,I am using 2 delta 1010 card's,I have talked to m audio and they say turn off,al tweaker,cpc c-state,C1E,intel EIST,intel speedstep,Hpet.The only 1 I cant find is al tweaker but I turned them all off and still the same problem.They say their drivers support windows 7 64 bit I think theirs a conflict with IRQ but cant change it in windows 7 64 or the PCI slot is reading 64 bit and my cards are reading 32 bit or its the motherboard intel DP67BG.I also went back to vista 64 bit same problem,I am using my old computer a gateway dual core vista 32 bit and the cards work fine so I  know it's not the cards it might be Delta 1010 drivers or the PCI slots.Is their any thing else that you could think of or turn off or maybe another mother board that doesn't have a conflict with PCI slots I am at a loss.  

• 3. Re: PCI with M Audio Delta 1010 cards sample rate 44100 Hz slow
              rsnetto

I have similar problems with a Sound Blaster Audigy and made a post about it this week, without answers so far. In my case the cards plays no sound at all, however analog recording works. Both WinXP and Ubuntu have the same behaviour so it's not a software issue.

An older SBLive plays sound correctly, but recording gives results similar to those described on this post, in fact it seems the sound is being "chopped in pieces" during recording, even the timing on the recording software behaves strangely.

Its seems urgent that someone at Intel makes some statement about this fact. Really, DP67BG is capable of dealing with PCI cards, or those slots are just a "marketing illusion"? Should we return our motherboards and look for other P67 that really works (if it exists at all)?

• 4. Re: PCI with M Audio Delta 1010 cards sample rate 44100 Hz slow

It would be nice to get a answer or an alternitive motherboard that this doesn't happen with PCI slots.My biggest problem is I can play at 22050 and it plays perfect but it will not record without clicks and pops and I have tried just about everything,but my gateway vista 32 bit works perfect but its too slow for recording in cubase 16 chanels.

• 5. Re: PCI with M Audio Delta 1010 cards sample rate 44100 Hz slow

Sounds like you and me have the same problem it seems like the PCIexpress slots are taking over the PCI slot's.

• 6. Re: PCI with M Audio Delta 1010 cards sample rate 44100 Hz slow
                    Sh4x

I have the same problem.  Still not working!!

• M-Audio Delta 1010 (tried drivers 5.10.0.5074 and 5.10.0.5076)
                    • Intel DP67BG motherboard (AAG10491-305) (Sandy Bridge Rev. 09) (P67 Rev. B3)
                    • Win 7 64bit SP1

I can't use my Delta1010 with sample rate higher than 32000Hz or it crackles and plays slowly.

Please INTEL, fix this problem!
                    I just bought this brand new PC with PCI slots so I could use my Delta1010 just to realise that IT DOESN'T WORK!  Great!! 
                    ** I tried every suggestion I could find on the net, like enabling the High performance power plan, disabling Intel's Speedstep tech in BIOS, C1E and EIST off with the utility ThrottleStop 3.2, etc... I can see that my CPU is always running 3392.4 MHz without ever slowing down from Intel's Extreme Tuning utility... yet nothing works.
                    • 7. Re: PCI with M Audio Delta 1010 cards sample rate 44100 Hz slow
                      ChrisNova777

Hi there everyone

id like to say to all of you accusing intel of having something to do with your problems with your DELTA cards..

before u go accusing intel, (as i've seen you instructed to do by Bonnstorm or whatever that guys name is on the m-audio forums, he must be m-audio's CSR customer service rep, on the payroll by them, because he responds to every post, telling people that there is always a problem of their own responsibility to the reason why the DELTA cards are not performing..")

before u accuse intel, take this into consideration:

i have been working on a p5 powerpc mac, and im havint the EXACT SAME PROBLEM. ive tried downgrading to 10.3 OSX Panther, I've tried all available OLD DRIVERS in the event that it could be a problem because of poorly written drivers (another scenario laid out by the guy on the m-audio forums site)

i've tried 10.4 OSX TIGER.. and all available drivers.. I've tried OSX LEOPARD and all available drivers..

meanwhile in every scenario , driver, and SAMPLERATE, my emu 0404 usb  and built in MAC AUDIO OUT works FLAWLESSLY!!!!!!!!!!!

This delta 1010 card is a peice of crap and we have all been ripped off by m-audio.

INTEL is a great quality company and M-audio are sheisters.. and crooks.

• 8. Re: PCI with M Audio Delta 1010 cards sample rate 44100 Hz slow
                        ChrisNova777

like the OP says. it works fine in 22khz.. but anything above 22khz and the signal degrades and distortion + noise + crackles + pops + studdering .. all other sample rates above and below 22khz sound horrible.

this card has cost me enough time messing around .. its good for windows xp sp2.. anythign else its a piece of garbage.

• 9. Re: PCI with M Audio Delta 1010 cards sample rate 44100 Hz slow
                          ChrisNova777

sh4x u should be angry at that guy on the m-audio forums website whos been lying to u about all of these things, i have the same problems on powerpc g5 mac from 2004... a computer that should work flawlessly with this card.. they are just lying to you the problem is the ccard itself.

this card was originally designed for pentium pcs with all pci architecture, and oldschool powermacs.. even before the g5... im talkin g3's + g4 desktops only.. thats why in the manual thye have instructions for windows 98 + windows 2000.. and os9 mac... this card is ancient.. do yourself a favour and just toss it or give it away to someone with an ancient computer who wants to mess around and waste their time with it.

• 10. Re: PCI with M Audio Delta 1010 cards sample rate 44100 Hz slow
                            ChrisNova777

i honestly think these cards are a fraud and that they all only operate in 22khz..

if u check the original midiman delta 1010

http://www.soundonsound.com/sos/jan00/articles/midiman1010.htm

check the specs, it says 22khz in frequency response...

funny that it only works in 22khz.. all 44.1khz playback is garbled garbage

(on a powerpc g5, dual 1.8ghz with any version of OSX, and any driver TESTED THEM ALL)

• 11. Re: PCI with M Audio Delta 1010 cards sample rate 44100 Hz slow
                              runwaystudio

FIXED PROBLEM I7 SANDY BRIDGE DP67BG running 2 delta 1010s recording on 16 channels this is the card i bought that fixed the problem. PCIe to PCI dual slot adapter card PCI express-in Add On Cards from Computer & Networking on Aliexpress.com