Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20456 Discussions

Can someone please help with my Intel G33/G31 Chipset problem ?

idata
Employee

I've recently been having problems with my computer (again), and I downloaded Microsoft Fixit Centre Tool. I've run the 'Hardware devices not detected or not working' from this tool, but it keeps on coming up with the same answer:

'We detected some problems .......the problem still exists'. Further info states:

'This device cannot find enough free resources that it can use (Code 12). If you want to use this device ..........on this system'

The driver version is 7.15.10.1666 (26Feb2009). I've tried updating it from the Intel website, but it comes up saying that I have the latest driver.

The computer takes a long while to start (keeps shutting down and reopening about 2/3 times), the desktop screen keeps going to black, several programmes keep showing that they have stopped working (some really do and some not), website links do not open, etc.

I bought my custom built computer in March 2008, and have had many problems every since - this one is really annoying though !

My operating system is Windows Vista Home Premium.

I would be grateful if someone can give me some information about this problem.

Thanks.

Carmel Galea

0 Kudos
3 Replies
DKnow2
Valued Contributor I

It is unclear which device(s) are not detected. Given the age of the computer it may be best to build your own computer as many here do. The knowledge gained makes it much easier to get support and warranty coverage. A clean operating system install is most likely required, if you have the disk. Some systems provide a system recovery disk(s). Windows can repair itself using that option from the installation disk but Home Premium may be more limited. A system image should be created after the installation for quick recovery, preferably to a backup drive or disk. Intel provides information for building and troubleshooting systems that you should visit.

0 Kudos
DKnow2
Valued Contributor I

It is quite possible you have only generic messages that do not even provide vendor identification numbers for the problem devices. Performance information advanced tools in the Action center provides event logs for problems. If you had a well functioning system it would be simple to Restore to a previous time. The simplest suggestion would be to record all BIOS information in case there are any non-default settings and remove the CMOS battery for a minute. Then restore your settings in the BIOS. A clean install still sounds like the best solution but you may have some problem components.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Thanks for taking the time to respond, and sorry for late word from me. I have actually given up with my computer now. I already had everything uninstalled and reinstalled again for at least 3 times, plus the money I spent since I bought it to have it repaired.

Cheers.

0 Kudos