6 Replies Latest reply on Jul 7, 2011 11:22 AM by

Intel DP55WG and BIOS KGIBX10J.86A version 5926

fhaddad78

Hi, today I tried to update my BIOS from version 5924 to 5926 using file KGIBX10J.86A.5926.EB.EXE (which is the way I've done multiple updates).

Anyway, after the installation of the software, the computer rebooted, appeared to flash the BIOS without error, then restarted. After the reboot, the screen was blank and I was getting 2 long beeps followed by a pause and then 2 long beeps again. I tried forcing the computer to enter the BIOS using the button on the back of the IO panel on the motherboard, clearing the CMOS via the jumper and also removing the jumper to enter recovery mode with the .BIO version of the BIOS on a USB flash drive. Nothing worked.

Finally I started removing all the peripherals one at a time to see if something was causing an issue. It turned out the memory was causing the issue. I could only have one of my memory modules installed in Channel A, DIMM 0. The second I added a second, third, or fourth memory module, I would get the beeps again.

I reflashed back to version 5924 using one memory module and reinstalled all four of my 2.0GB memory modules and everything was fine again.

CONCLUSION: There is some sort of issue with my memory modules and the 5926 BIOS update.

I am using Corsair memory modules:

2x CORSAIR XMS3 4GB (2 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1333 (PC3 10666) Dual Channel Kit Desktop Memory Model TW3X4G1333C9

• 1. Re: Intel DP55WG and BIOS KGIBX10J.86A version 5926

Hello,

Today, I had exactly the same problem that you had and to solve this problem, I I followed what you made but when I try to replace the other memory module after the reflashing of the BIOS the computer begin again to crash at the start with a black screen and 2 long beeps followed by a pause and then 2 long beeps again.

So, How did you managed to replace the other memory modules ?

There is a means to put back the former version of BIOS so that barettes re-works ???

I will be most gratefull if you could help me

Best regards

PS : I have exactly the same memory modules that you have

• 2. Re: Intel DP55WG and BIOS KGIBX10J.86A version 5926
            fhaddad78

I'm not sure I understand exactly what you are asking, but if I understood you right, you are asking how did I reflash the BIOS back to a previous working version?

If that is correct, with one memory module installed in Channel A, DIMM 0, I was able to successfully boot up into Windows with BIOS version 5926. At that piont, I went to Intel's website, downloadd the previous BIOS version I was using, 5924, and reflashed back to the previous version. Once the update completed and the computer rebooted back into Windows, I turned off the computer, install the rest of my memory modules, and all was good again.

Does that answer your question?

If not, provide more detail and I will try to help. I will be available for a few hours this evening.

• 3. Re: Intel DP55WG and BIOS KGIBX10J.86A version 5926

In fact, it is exactly the question what I asked. Thank you for the help.

And sorry for my english (I am french)

Best regards

• 4. Re: Intel DP55WG and BIOS KGIBX10J.86A version 5926
                fhaddad78

Glad it worked for you!

BTW, I'm surprised Intel hasn't responded to this issue or released a fixed BIOS update. There is another thread discussing similar issues others are experiencing with 5926. They haven't even pulled the BIOS from the website yet.

• 5. Re: Intel DP55WG and BIOS KGIBX10J.86A version 5926

Hi guys!
                  I have exactly the same problem.
                  I tried to boot the computer using a memory chip in Channel A DIMM 0 - no effect.

Bios Button, Bios Jumper - no effect.

What will advise?

• 6. Re: Intel DP55WG and BIOS KGIBX10J.86A version 5926

The problem in 5926 with the video card.
                    I found a simple solution - put in one of the old AGP card and a memory chip.
                    PC booted up, downloaded the 5924 version (.exe version), and flash the BIOS.

Good luck to all.