If you can't be without a PC, I'd go ahead and pay for it then get a credit when you return the old board. I did the same thing for the Sandy Bridge SATAII recall on my board. Just be sure to send the board back noting the RMA number on the label and ship it with tracking or delivery confirmation. As with your board, I still had a functional PC while waiting for the new board. The decision still rests with you though.