1 of 1 people found this helpful
The <AMTConfigurationMode> field in the xml file is a legacy field for backwards compatibility, but actually doesn’t mean anything anymore. The important fields are:
Those show that you’re configured and ready to go. Also, that fact that you see the WebUI login page is another indication that things should be working.
In the guide you reference (http://h10032.www1.hp.com/ctg/Manual/c01989768.pdf), on page 6, step 3 you should have set an admin password. This is the password you will use to connect. The username is admin. Have you tried this username/password combo? If you have, does the same password allow you into MEBx?
Thank you very much for your reply.
1) I have performed steps 1-9 from the manual (http://h10032.www1.hp.com/ctg/Manual/c01989768.pdf). I set password to: Alex-911 and it works for MEBx. For top level AMT embedded webpage http://fyslab1.phys.uit.no:16992 I have tried the following username/password combinations: admin/Alex-911, admin/admin, admin/P@ssw0rd but did not enter into WebGUI. Instead of WebGUI I saw message: "Log on failed. Incorrect user name or password, or user account temporarily locked" after three attempts of entering username/password combo.
2) I make full Unprovisioning (pages 43-44 from the manual) and have repeated steps 1-9 (password remains the same) - the same result.
3) I cleared CMOS and repeated steps 1-9 (the password returned to default - admin and I changed it to Alex-911) - the same result.
4) Then I tried set SMB mode using the utility UnprovisionEx.exe (http://communities.intel.com/docs/DOC-1763) with following parameters:
UnprovisionEx.exe -hostname fyslab1.phys.uit.no -user admin -pass Alex-911 -full -SMB
End saw the system response:
Intel(R) AMT Unprovision Utility 1.0.9058.1
[Intel(R) Active Management Technology]
Copyright (C) 2008 Intel Corporation. All rights reserved.
Unprovisioning (FULL) the system. New provisioning mode: ProvisioningModeSmallBusiness
An exception occurred while attempting to unprovision (FULL) the system. HTTP Error 401: Unauthorized.
5) I have no idea what I could still try to do. I downloaded the latest versions of BIOS and MEBx from HP support page. But maybe it is possible to try something else before reburning BIOS and MEBx?
This is confusing. Using those steps you should be able to login to the webUI (and use other AMT tools) with admin/Alex-911. Could you clear the CMOS again. Then, enter MEBx and set the admin password to P@ssw0rd (step 1-3). Then, navigate to "Intel ME Platform Configuration" and choose Active Network access. No need to set anything else (step 4 and 9, skip 5, 6, 7, and 8). Now, save and exit. Then try the WebUI with admin/P@ssw0rd.
If that doesn't work, something is certainly wrong with your system and I'd suggest a BIOS and firmware flash. If the DOES work, then either something in steps 5-8 are causing the problem, or AMT does like Alex-911 as a password. Of course, neither of these *should* be causing your issue, but stanger things have happend.
Right now I am without a computer lab , but once I have one again I'll be able to attempt to reproduce your results. So, please let me know what you find.
Erasing CMOS and short configuration (only steps 1-4 with new password and then step 9) were helpful. WebUI and hardware KVM are working now! Cool Thank you very much for your suggestions. I don’t know what was wrong earlier. Maybe Alex-911 is not a good password for AMT. I will try new password combination (not predefined Intel password) in the future.