0 Replies Latest reply on May 30, 2011 6:15 PM by BB

Intel RST RAID 5 volume missing hard drive no resolution possible in console

BB

I have a 4 disk RAID 5 array created in RST.  Initially it was a disk array and I added another drive.  The array is currently in migration with progress at 30%.

The drive that I added to the array went missing.  The missing drive became visible in Intel Stroage Console a single disk.  The same drive is still showing absent from the array.  Intel Storage Console will not allow me to remove the missing drive from the array or to add the drive back to the array.  I can not stop the migration process either although it isn't progressing beyond 30%.  .

When the drive showed up in the system it was RAW.  I had to reinitialize as GPT and reformat.  None of this impacted the ability of Intel's Storage Console or the OS to recognize the drive.

My OS is Windows 7 64-bit.  The drives are all Seagate Barracuda ST32000542AS.  Intel RST is 8.9.0.10023.

The data on the RAID volume is still accessible.  Although the only option I see open at this point is to copy all the data off of the volume and then to recreate the volume.

Does anyone have any ideas on this?  Thanks, BB.

Missing_Drive.jpg