Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20602 Discussions

Unable to get audio over HDMI (i5-2600k win7 ult x64)

idata
Employee

System:

Intel i5-2500K

ASRock Z68 Extreme 4

8Gb ram (2x4G)

Creative Audigy 2 ZS

PNY Geforce 460 GT (Has DVI+VGA+mini-HDMI out but only 2 can be used simultaneously)

Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit

Monitors:

1x Philips 150B (Connected to the Geforce 460 - VGA)

1x Viewsonic 2268wm (Connected to the Geforce 460 - DVI-D)

1x Philips 6605 LED TV (Connected to the Geforce 460 - HDMI)

I have both onboard sound (Realtek AL892) and the Audigy 2 zs installed and enabled, they both work fine and will output audio according to which ever playback device is set as "default".

Problem is, there is no audio via hdmi to my Philips 6605 LED TV 

- No device detected in "Sound - Playback Devices" so I am unable to select it as default audio playback device.

However if I were to connect the Philips 6605 LED TV to the Geforce 460, I am able to see

"Philips FTV-1" in "Sound - Playback Devices" and enable it. And the TV will output both video and sound.

Any advise on how to get the onboard video detect the TV? So I can bitstream audio as well as video over HDMI?

I would prefer this setup(onboard video to TV and geforce to 2xmonitors) rather than having the TV+viewsonic-monitor on the Geforce.

0 Kudos
1 Reply
idata
Employee

OK solved this,

to get the device appearing in device manager,

I need to set bios to initialise the IGP (intergrated graphics as the main device instead of my pcie/graphics card)

0 Kudos