5 Replies Latest reply on May 27, 2011 4:38 AM by mr.j

DP67BG & PSU

mr.j

Hi.

I have a problem with PSU Gigabyte Odin GT 800. This PSU have USB interface for software monitoring and setup. I make now upgrade and i have new board, Intel DP67BG. With previous board (Asus soc. 775) has been all OK. But with this new board i have following problem. When i connect USB interface to USB bratchet or with reduction connect to external USB (back side case), mostly cases not work. System (Windows 7 PRO 64bit) indicated unidentifiable USB device. Sometimes interface work in USB2.0, but only into restart system. When i connect with reduction to USB3.0, all is OK.

Anyone have idea? Thnx for help, and excuse me, my english not good.

• 1. Re: DP67BG & PSU
          Flying_Kiwi

mr.j wrote:

Hi.

I have a problem with PSU Gigabyte Odin GT 800. This PSU have USB interface for software monitoring and setup.

What an interesting idea - a PSU that has software monitoring and control. Have you made sure you installed only the latest software for the PSU and Win 7 64 bit on your new PC? The updated version is here http://www.gigabyte.com/products/product-page.aspx?pid=2490&dl=1#utility and you'll need to un-install the old version first and reboot before installing this if you have used the installation CDROM for example.

I think your problem is just that you need the latest software/drivers that I've linked to but let us know how that goes.

• 2. Re: DP67BG & PSU
            mr.j

Thnx for you answer Kiwi.

I instal only lostest driver from Gigabyte web. I don't use CD-ROM. But problem is alone USB. System can't use (run) USB device in PSU, because USB device isn't identified. I mean, system must install USB device in PSU (HW) without instalation from CD-ROM or lastest version from web and all must run corectly. Only i don't use SW monitoring. Somewhere is error in HW, but i don't know where.

In my PC after booting system in device manager (USB root): unidentified USB device notify error, system this device halted.

I don't know what is bad. May i test other board.

Thnx for you.

• 3. Re: DP67BG & PSU

Hi

I have the same problem with the Gigabyte Odin 800 watt GT PSU.

The USB device from the PSU sometimes works sometimes dont, when it does not work windows tells me

"A USB device has malfunctioned and had to be shut down"

I dont know if this is a because of the PSU being faulty or some BIOS/Windows setting that needs to be switched off or on.

I've contacted Gigabyte but still awaiting a reply.

If someone knows whats happening here, please post a reply.

Gigabyte P67A-UD3-B3 MB

Windows 7 Enteprise x64 SP1

• 4. Re: DP67BG & PSU
                Flying_Kiwi

mr.j wrote:

problem is alone USB. System can't use (run) USB device in PSU, because USB device isn't identified.

I see now. Sometimes it's important that the correct installation order is performed so (for example) you may need to install the latest software on the PC with the USB port totally disconnected (I assume the PSU will still power on and use 'template' settings without having the controlling software up and running). Once the software is installed you could then shut down the PC, connect the PSU USB cable and then boot the PC. If that doesn't make a difference then it's as already mentioned by H (guest), something worth contacting the PSU manufacturer over. It may be a conflict with something else on your system or an issue for the manufacturer to address with their software and built in drivers.

Id try it with just the PSU as the only USB device (other than a mouse & keyboard if they're both USB). Unplug all other USB devices such as a UPS or iMON hardware etc. It wouldn't hurt for you have good nosey on the PSU manufacturers website or any forums/newsgroups in their name over the matter too.

• 5. Re: DP67BG & PSU
                  mr.j

Ok Kiwi. Thnx you.