Processors
Intel® Processors, Tools, and Utilities
14539 Discussions

Core i7 2600k CPU - Having Overheating issues - need help.

idata
Employee

Hi, Can someone please assist me with this problem i'm having? My Core i7 2600k on an average is at 80°C when playing any type of video game. I have tried using the "Speedfan" software to increase my fan speed and cool down my computer. Though I have realized "Speedfan" is a piece of crap. I need something good to monitor my CPU and cool down my computer. Thank You =)

And to be specific this is my actual readout so far when playing a video game. For example (Battlefield Bad Company 2)

GPU: 82C

Temp1: 39C

Temp2: 25C

Temp3: 45C

Temp: 0C

CPU: 74C

Local 61C

Remote2: 74C

HD0: 30C

0 Kudos
2 Replies
idata
Employee

I don't know what you're showing there. What motherboard are you using? If Intel, use the Intel Desktop Utility. Another good monitor with much more info is HWiNFO32. (Both are free). Do NOT run both at the same time! Run HWiNFO32 and check the box for Sensor Only or you'll get overwhelmed with some great info on several windows.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

As CarWiz is saying, more or less, is what kind of PC do you have? All in one you purchased, or built yourself? HWiNFO is a good hardware monitoring program, but does not allow you to adjust fan speeds. Have you ever adjusted settings in your BIOS to get your CPU's fan to run faster and at a lower temperature?

Gaming can be a heavy load on a PC, and if you have a separate graphics card, that should be doing most of the graphics work. We can see your GPU temp is higher than your CPU temperature, which is normal for gaming, but a bit high too. Depending on your PC, it may be using the integrated graphics on the i7-2600K, which would explain the high CPU temperature, although I don't know if SpeedFan can read the CPU cores and it graphics processing unit separately.

I could go on, but we really need more information about your PC.

0 Kudos