6 Replies Latest reply on Jun 10, 2011 8:29 PM by

DP67BG i7 2600K CPU - System Memory - 8 gig DDR3 modules

Jeffr

Can anyone recommend fast 8 gig modules  (16 gig kit comprising 2 x 8 gig)?

Kingston, Patriot & Corsair have said they dont have any fast 8 gig modules suitable for this mother board

• 1. Re: DP67BG i7 2600K CPU - System Memory - 8 gig DDR3 modules
          mechbob

Provantage has single 8GB modules by Dataram part # GRL1333R/8GB , BUT these are ECC I not sure if your board can run ECC?? , By the way they are $203.00 each.

• 2. Re: DP67BG i7 2600K CPU - System Memory - 8 gig DDR3 modules

Thanks Robert,  Nope can't run ECC memory.

1.5 System Memory

The board has four DIMM sockets and supports the following memory features:
            • 1.35 V DDR3 SDRAM DIMMs (New JEDEC Specification)
            • Two independent memory channels with interleaved mode support
            • Unbuffered, single-sided or double-sided DIMMs with the following restriction:
            Double-sided DIMMs with x16 organization are not supported.
            • 32 GB maximum total system memory (using 4 Gb memory technology). Refer to
            Section 2.1.1 on page 39 for information on the total amount of addressable
            memory.
            • Minimum total system memory: 1 GB using 512 MB x16 module
            • Non-ECC DIMMs
            • Serial Presence Detect
            • DDR3 +1600 MHz, 1333 MHz, and DDR3 1066 MHz SDRAM DIMMs
            • XMP version 1.2 performance profile support for memory speeds above 1600 MHz
            NOTE
            To be fully compliant with all applicable DDR SDRAM memory specifications, the board
            should be populated with DIMMs that support the Serial Presence Detect (SPD) data
            structure. This allows the BIOS to read the SPD data and program the chipset to
            accurately configure memory settings for optimum performance. If non-SPD memory
            is installed, the BIOS will attempt to correctly configure the memory settings, but
            performance and reliability may be impacted or the DIMMs may not function under the

determined frequency

1.5.1 Memory Configurations

The Intel Core i7, Intel Core i5, and Intel Core i3 processors support the following
            types of memory organization:
            • Dual channel (Interleaved) mode. This mode offers the highest throughput for
            real world applications. Dual channel mode is enabled when the installed memory
            capacities of both DIMM channels are equal. Technology and device width can vary
            from one channel to the other but the installed memory capacity for each channel
            must be equal. If different speed DIMMs are used between channels, the slowest
            memory timing will be used.
            • Single channel (Asymmetric) mode. This mode is equivalent to single channel
            bandwidth operation for real world applications. This mode is used when only a
            single DIMM is installed or the memory capacities are unequal. Technology and
            device width can vary from one channel to the other. If different speed DIMMs are
            used between channels, the slowest memory timing will be used.

• 3. Re: DP67BG i7 2600K CPU - System Memory - 8 gig DDR3 modules
              mechbob

You Know I'am Running a X48 SYS with a Xeon Quad with 8GB of RAM and No mater what I throw at it PSE 7 Video editing or what ever I never use more than 4GB of the 8GB I have. So why or What do you need so much ram ?? By the way I use DDR3-1333 , Clocked at 1400Mhz.

• 4. Re: DP67BG i7 2600K CPU - System Memory - 8 gig DDR3 modules

Hi Robert,

Thanks.   I'm installing Windows 2008 R2 server on it which will run database applications that like lots of memory for cache.  Will also be running some virtual machines on it.  The applications we run on server & w/s are memory intensive.

• 5. Re: DP67BG i7 2600K CPU - System Memory - 8 gig DDR3 modules
                  mechbob

I have always used Gskil and coursair , Gskil has just ( with-in the last 6 months ) Come out with a series called Echo  and they run at 1.35 volts with head room to raise to 1.5 volts But   4GB is a large as it gets . I am running * GB of the Gskil DDR3-1333 but I have them turned up to 1400Mhz at 1.6 Volts . Gives Me a WEI score of 7.5 on the Ram , anyway the echo ram is available in Low Latency like CL-7. So if you can not go with 8GB sticks , Just go with somthing Faster ????

• 6. Re: DP67BG i7 2600K CPU - System Memory - 8 gig DDR3 modules
                    32 GB maximum total system memory (using 4 Gb memory technology). Refer to
                    Section 2.1.1 on page 39 for information on the total amount of addressable
                    memory.

Either "4 Gb memory technology" has a meaning with which I'm unfamiliar or someone's math is off.  I wonder whether we'll see 240-pin DDR3 memory in 8 GB modules enter the desktop market soon.  I think you're out of look for now.  The DP67BG seems like an odd choice for the usage scenario you describe.  The 2xxxK processors are lacking the vt-d extensions, for example.