2 Replies Latest reply on May 31, 2011 10:10 PM by nguyenqhien

DP67BG - cpu fan speed rpm=0 after update BIOS 1979

nguyenqhien

After I updated the BIOS to the latest level (1979) and reboot the box.  I got a messages said - check the fan in the chassis -, press enter, it booted to Windows just fine, everything appears normal.

However, I check the BIOS, the CPU fan reports RPM=0.

Does anyone see this? WHat could be a problem here? I tried to flash back to the older BIOS but it did not take it - it said old bios black listed -

Also how do I skip/ignore the check chassis message everytime I reboot.

Thanks, Hien.

• 1. Re: DP67BG - cpu fan speed rpm=0 after update BIOS 1979
          nguyenqhien

More Data:

First, my CPU fan is the Arctic Cooling Freezer 7 Pro Rev.2 .

I run the Intel Extreme Tuning's cpu stress test, the cpu temprature gradually went up from 27c to around 67c - at that time cpu fan speed kicked in at 700rpm. I noticed that the CPU temparature stopped increase and stayed at 67-68c.

So it looks like at boot time the fan speed is around 880rpm but the BIOS reported 0 rpm and the fan speed increase when temperature went up, but the bios only took the readout when it passed certain threshold (in this case 67c)

I also tried to connect the cpu fan to the rear fan header, it did read 880rpm at boot/idle -  So just the cpu fan header that reads 0rpm at boot/idle.

Hmm, I am kind of okay with this - Now if I can find a way to disable the alert message about fan has been removed and check your chassis. Anyone knows how?

Thanks, Hien.

• 2. Re: DP67BG - cpu fan speed rpm=0 after update BIOS 1979
            nguyenqhien

Update:

I replaced the Arctic Cooling fan with the Cool Master Hyper 212 plus. It works beatiful now. RPM reads 780 rpm.

Hien.